So why did Mancini drop Lescot for Kolo?

One of life's great mysteries? Unless Lescott was crippled I wouldn't have dropped him for KT. The other great mystery was why Milner didn't start. What isn't a mystery whatsover is that Tevez is a complete fuckwit.

thought it was a rather poor decision. lescott is the form centre half at the club

Never rotate the centre backs, unless forced to with injury or a tactical decsion is made to rest them in the Carling Cup type games.

I dont think Kolo has ever gelled with Kompany. We must stick with Lescott and Kompany.

I pointed out in the live match thread last night that he'd summed himself up in the space of 3 minutes.

1. was in possession comfortably in his own penalty area and just hoofs it upfield. No looking for a pass or anything and we concede possession.

2. Ball comes into the area. No one near him. He doesn't take the ball and get it under control and use it, no, he swipes a foot at it and slices it up into the air onto the edge of our penalty area.

He NEVER looks comfortable on the ball to me and he just looks and stares at the ball until it comes to him and doesn't get stuck in to take action.

I believe that RM will never make this mistake again.
I hoonestly thought Lescott must have been injured. In fact was he even on the bench???

True_Blue69 said:
Toure wasnt good enough before his ban, god knows why he thought he would be able to effortlessly slip back in alongside Vinny in such a big important game. Not having the Champions League experience argument, Lescott is an England international not a 20 year old still learning his trade. If he had been playing poorly then I'd have said fair enough but for me he has been one of our best performers this season and has actually been better than Vince, who hasnt quite hit the heights of last season yet. Hopefully Mancini will realise his mistake and it will be Lescott back in on Saturday.
I agree.

Plus moving VK to the left centre half position, where he is much less comfortable, when he is a bit of average form, wasn't good.

I can't get my head around the decision at all. Lescott has been playing well since about January/February almost every single game. He put in a few performances towards the end of last season that Kompany's best games were only just as good as. Against Everton on Sat he was my MotM. Then he gets dropped for someone who I thought was very poor when in the team last season even before his lengthy ban. Stoke away and Everton at home stick in the mind, Kolo was appalling in them games and made himself our bench CH, oh apart from maybe the League Cup.

Oh yes. I remember the hoof up field.

It's a pity about Kolo because l always used to think he was a really good player for Arsenal. IMO he's past it now.

Still dont know why we didnt bolster the defence.

Big mistake, he's not played enough games yet to go into that match. It was also a mistake to sub Dzeko, again, too. But that's another thread, no doubt.

I can see us going back to 4-3-3 quite soon, especially in these matches.

Ah well. Onwards...

The Pope said:
I believe that RM will never make this mistake again.
I hoonestly thought Lescott must have been injured. In fact was he even on the bench???
He was on the bench and probably even fitter and slimmer than Kolo as well. ;)
Unused subs:
Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Lescott, Tevez

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.