So why did Mancini drop Lescot for Kolo?

Because Mancini is not in the class of Mourinho/Ferguson etc...

Not a world class manager in other words. Why the hell would you drop a defender who has improved over the year, with one that has shown to be a druggie and hasn't played in over 6 months, against one of the best teams in Europe. Madness/

I'll never understand it, to me Kolo has been poor since he came here. Lescott did not deserve to be dropped and nor should he have been. I understand giving players a rest but not at Bayern away. I'd have played Lescott on Tues and Kolo against Blackburn if he had to play at all. This is the first time this season I have seen the team sheet and thought Mancini had got it wrong.

Baffling one, Kolo had struggled before his absence and was never going to be match fit, the other problem was with Vinnie trying to get back to his form of last year, switching him to left was going to cause problems, if JL was injured Savic should have played

Mancini was trapped in his own thought, just like Rafael Benitez, made simple thing complicated.

Not read through entire thread, but was a baffling decision to me. Lescott has been one of our better performers this season and, more importantly, he and VK look like a solid partnership. I've never rated Toure - just think he is a poor defender. And he isn't very good on the ball either. I can't for the life of me see any logic in the rotation argument - surely you wouldn't rotate your best centre-halves for a match as big as this? And I do wonder how this must make Lescott feel - effectively knowing that RM doesn't trust him in this kind of game, and would prefer to go with Toure, despite the fact that he's been out for 6 months. Hope his confidence doesn't take a hit.

For me Lescott and Toure are way below the standard we need in central defence. I can't believe this wasn't addressed in the summer.
Lescott i really can't say i been impressed by his ability since he arrivred at this club. Makes to many mistakes for me.

villavine said:

Not a world class manager in other words. Why the hell would you drop a defender who has improved over the year, with one that has shown to be a druggie and hasn't played in over 6 months, against one of the best teams in Europe. Madness/

Thanks for your input,perhaps we should try for the ex Birmingham manager.

villavine said:

oo fuck off, you are so boring

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.