So why did Mancini drop Lescot for Kolo?

ANY1aBLUE said:
Mike N said:
Now that the dust has settled, l still cant work out why be brought Kolo back in. I thought Lescot played well on Saturday and Toure has played one game in months. As it happened he was very poor and l think Mancini made a mistake with this selection. He could, and maybe should, have left the swap until Saturday.

He dropped him because he doesn't trust him at that level. He makes mistakes against average teams.
The left side of our team is a real worry: Clichy,Kolarov,Barry and Lescott and indeed, Nasri who doesn't track back.

Burn him!

Joleon made a bad pass to vinnie dring the Everton game which led to the "stamp" incident,he also fooked up bigtime with seconds to go when savic had to clear off the line.. maybe this was a factor.

samharris said:
Joleon made a bad pass to vinnie dring the Everton game which led to the "stamp" incident,he also fooked up bigtime with seconds to go when savic had to clear off the line.. maybe this was a factor.

Fair point. He did really well on Saturday but the cock up at the end didnt look good.

I wish I knew his thinking on this one because it was very strange. Lescott has been playing well and leaving him out unsettles the back four with Kompany having to play the left centre back. The back four have been decent this season and just when you think they will be the settled back four for all the big games Mancini changes it, not once but twice in both Champions League games. I'm sure he'll get it right, let's hope it's still in the Champions League and not in the Europa League.

I am AMAZED at how quickly people are to slag off Lescott. He has been one of our best players since he came in to replace Kolo last year

Hes formed a great understanding with VK and Saturday had yet another great game

I find it absurd he was dropped for Kolo. There is no way KT is anywhere near as good as JL, no way whatsoever

ono said:
Kolo is better on the ball and has more CL experience. I would imagine he wanted a team out who would help us keep hold of the ball. It was working for 35 minutes.

Yeah you're right, I don't mind that he was slow to react and played people onside for goals as long as he can knock it about well.

There was no excuse for Lescott to be dropped and all this CL experience etc is a load of crap. Bad decision and Mancini will have realised that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.