So why suddenly do they talk about Aguero leaving?

Apparently, it has come to light Dybala has a £38m buy-out clause until 2020 - you do that deal - all day long.
This has already been flat out denied by Juventus - apparently it was a made up rumour that got carried by a few papers, it was a bit of a strange article tbh as it talked about the buyout and then claimed we were ahead of Madrid as Juve didn't want to sell to a Spanish club - they'd have no say in the matter if his buyout was activated as we saw this summer with Higuain and Napoli.

He's not been the same player this season and seems to have lost half a yard. Early doors this season he had a patch of scoring for fun which hid his age/fitness etc.

Like all of the 2012 spine love gives them plenty of extra credits but I really can't see him fitting into Pep's style of play.

Great player and will/would still scores lots of goals but we've seen this year players need to be more fluid than Kun, FB's into midfield, midfielders dropping into defence, forwards all interchangeable etc. I just don't see Kun as that type of player sadly.

I think it's always been a case of when Sergio decided it was time to cash in his chips.

It just so happens that this is probably the first time when Kun knows the team will go on after him, and he is still too young and relevant to accept he will be impacted by the evolution which this team is needing to undergo.

That goal wedded him to us, perhaps longer than he even anticipated at the time.

There are only two players I would accept as a younger replacement to even reduce the percentages of a huge error in judgement, and that's one of Greizmann and Dybala.

Apparently, it has come to light Dybala has a £38m buy-out clause until 2020 - you do that deal - all day long.

And you build that statue to King Kun if he feels he doesn't want to sour our bond by sticking it out.

Sorry Tolmie but there is no chance Dybala has a £38m clause - they bought him for £30m in the first place and since when have Juventus given their players release clauses?

I'd need to hear that from Dybala's own mouth to believe it - and even then I'd doubt it.

This has already been flat out denied by Juventus - apparently it was a made up rumour that got carried by a few papers, it was a bit of a strange article tbh as it talked about the buyout and then claimed we were ahead of Madrid as Juve didn't want to sell to a Spanish club - they'd have no say in the matter if his buyout was activated as we saw this summer with Higuain and Napoli.

That's a shame. Part of me suspects Pep will not even go and spend £80m on a striker replacement. He's quite rightly excited for the future and big names aren't going to swap chairs and put themselves in the same predicament as Kun.

It could either be another young pliable player, or a worldy midfielder to replace Yaya.

Is there anybody who feels Sergio would be tempted by a move to China?

The South American mentality is very different?

They were offering £80m for Costa and £600k a week.

Aguero has far superior pin-up looks and I still recall how the Chinese Premier wanted him in on the selfie...

I only see a starting spot for him at Paris, maybe even Juventus and the Milan clubs?

The two Madrid clubs would be dependent on their other business.

That's a shame. Part of me suspects Pep will not even go and spend £80m on a striker replacement. He's quite rightly excited for the future and big names aren't going to swap chairs and put themselves in the same predicament as Kun.

It could either be another young pliable player, or a worldy midfielder to replace Yaya.
Tbh regardless of what his long term plans are for Aguero I'd rather see us hold onto him in the summer and use the money to strengthen areas that are more in need of it - every club knows that we'll be desperate for full backs this summer so we won't be getting them cheap and that's after the £55m or so we look like we'll be spending on Laporte. We won't replace Kun with like for like quality this season and we won't get a fee that reflects his value to the club, I'd rather hang on and sell him for £40m the summer after than sell him for £70m this summer.

Besides, the best option overall is to work out a way to accommodate all our current forwards - I think the idea that Aguero can't play in Guardiola's style is rubbish - go look at the home match against Barcelona for proof of that, it was the perfect Guardiola no 9 performance. Whether his muscles will allow him to do it week in, week out is anther matter but that's less important is Jesus can step in to cover him.

Tbh regardless of what his long term plans are for Aguero I'd rather see us hold onto him in the summer and use the money to strengthen areas that are more in need of it - every club knows that we'll be desperate for full backs this summer so we won't be getting them cheap and that's after the £55m or so we look like we'll be spending on Laporte. We won't replace Kun with like for like quality this season and we won't get a fee that reflects his value to the club, I'd rather hang on and sell him for £40m the summer after than sell him for £70m this summer.

Besides, the best option overall is to work out a way to accommodate all our current forwards - I think the idea that Aguero can't play in Guardiola's style is rubbish - go look at the home match against Barcelona for proof of that, it was the perfect Guardiola no 9 performance. Whether his muscles will allow him to do it week in, week out is anther matter but that's less important is Jesus can step in to cover him.

All well and good, but that fails to factor in what Sergio wants?

It is not a fiscal decision (for us) as far as I am concerned. Kun is a legend with our owner and Khaldoon. They would not stand in his way, purely out of respect for his achievements.

Funny how the media banging on and on about him leaving....probably from the day he signed is even now making our own fans doubt his abilities in a pep team! It's fuckin crazy

I think we are slowly being prepared for him leaving by the club. Bit trickling out here and there between now and the summer so it's not so much of a shock when we sell him

All well and good, but that fails to factor in what Sergio wants?

It is not a fiscal decision (for us) as far as I am concerned. Kun is a legend with our owner and Khaldoon. They would not stand in his way, purely out of respect for his achievements.
I'm sure Aguero will stay if he's going to get 35-40 games, that's all he's ever really been able to play anyway in a season, maybe he's just a bit worried at the moment as he's been out of form and Jesus has come in and hit the ground running.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.