So why suddenly do they talk about Aguero leaving?

I think we are slowly being prepared for him leaving by the club. Bit trickling out here and there between now and the summer so it's not so much of a shock when we sell him

And perhaps sending a message to other potential targets that we are even contemplating it?

Picture the scene..."So Antoine, fancy us instead?" - Greizmann: "Er, what about Sergio Aguero?"

Tbh regardless of what his long term plans are for Aguero I'd rather see us hold onto him in the summer and use the money to strengthen areas that are more in need of it - every club knows that we'll be desperate for full backs this summer so we won't be getting them cheap and that's after the £55m or so we look like we'll be spending on Laporte. We won't replace Kun with like for like quality this season and we won't get a fee that reflects his value to the club, I'd rather hang on and sell him for £40m the summer after than sell him for £70m this summer.

Besides, the best option overall is to work out a way to accommodate all our current forwards - I think the idea that Aguero can't play in Guardiola's style is rubbish - go look at the home match against Barcelona for proof of that, it was the perfect Guardiola no 9 performance. Whether his muscles will allow him to do it week in, week out is anther matter but that's less important is Jesus can step in to cover him.

I want to remain positive that there's a solution that involves Kun but I don't see it. If anything I can see the decision being taken out of Pep's hands in so much as I can see Kun's people coming to City in the summer and saying "we have offers from Paris/Real Madrid" and City saying "okay, we'll sell him".

Dybala is the ideal, but failing that I'm looking at the kid Mbappe at Monaco and thinking "he's a forward not a winger". I realise it'd mean signing another 'kid' but I don't see what the point is in selling Kun to sign Auba who is more or less the same age and will have the same expectations as Kun in terms of playing time.

I'm sure Aguero will stay if he's going to get 35-40 games, that's all he's ever really been able to play anyway in a season, maybe he's just a bit worried at the moment as he's been out of form and Jesus has come in and hit the ground running.

That's the thing, Pep won't guarantee ANYBODY game time.

If he wants out, he'll have a deal already sorted.

I want to remain positive that there's a solution that involves Kun but I don't see it. If anything I can see the decision being taken out of Pep's hands in so much as I can see Kun's people coming to City in the summer and saying "we have offers from Paris/Real Madrid" and City saying "okay, we'll sell him".

Dybala is the ideal, but failing that I'm looking at the kid Mbappe at Monaco and thinking "he's a forward not a winger". I realise it'd mean signing another 'kid' but I don't see what the point is in selling Kun to sign Auba who is more or less the same age and will have the same expectations as Kun in terms of playing time.

Mbappe?

There are three or four in that Monaco team you would take before him?

That's the thing, Pep won't guarantee ANYBODY game time.

If he wants out, he'll have a deal already sorted.
And as good as he is he won't be guaranteed game time at Real, Barca, Bayern either and anyone else is a step down at the prime of his career.

I think it's much too early to think about Aguero going anywhere. Gabriel Jesus has had an astonishing early impact but at some stage we will certainly be needing Sergio again. It wouldn't surprise me to see him starting tonight and showing the level of performance to become undroppable. Against Barca at home I thought Aguero was fantastic. He has it in his locker to raise his levels.

Mbappe?

There are three or four in that Monaco team you would take before him?

Nah. That kid (he's 18) is fucking unbelievable. Scored another hat trick on Saturday. He's strong, he's quick, he's clinical, and he is apparently mentally absolutely spot on. They're already talking about a fee which will eclipse what Martial cost by some distance as he's a much better prospect. I'd have him in a heartbeat.

Monaco have struck gold with their recruitment in the last five years. Some sick players coming through there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.