Soccer Saturday Sackings

Now tv excell
How's your picture on Now TV? Mine is very blurred at times and its difficult to identify players. Its gone up from 5.99 for a day's coverage so l watch on whatever stream l can - smaller but clearer. Also it was rare to get another match of interest in the same 24 hours.
Excellent pic from Now tv on my Samsung TV but the BT app not so good.

I assumed you meant because he was brave enough to be one of the 1st pundits to say: ...hang on a minute this BLM thing aint quite right and he removed the badge they were all wearing. What is this covid-19 thing of which you (possibly) speak.

I thought he made a courageous stance on the BLM thing, football has its 'kick-it-out' campaign, why get involved in this overtly and contentious political group anyway? It really bugged me to see many players kneel AND put their fist straight into the air (the 'black power' symbol from the 1968 Olympics). Politics and football are supposed to be separate, are there not rules on this e.g. messages on t-shirts when goals are celebrated and the banning of the poppy on the outside of shirts some time ago?

the injustices many blacks people face are more than politics. I’m proud of the stance players around the world have taken on this and until racism is rooted out then I hope they continue longer.

I quite enjoyed Soccer Saturday. Okay, it’s not cutting edge TV, but it was harmless enough.

That said I think it‘s gone past its ‘Sell By’ date. New panel may freshen it up but they probably need to do something different.

Just moving away from the sackings element of the show, does anyone know if they will be able to show the goals as they are scored on there this season? I know they were able to do that for the midweek Championship games last season but wasn't sure if with all the various changes to the TV rights at the moment whether that would be possible? There are 2 Premier League games that kick off at 3 on the opening Saturday. In theory the first time fans of those teams could legally see the goals would be match of the day.

the injustices many blacks people face are more than politics. I’m proud of the stance players around the world have taken on this and until racism is rooted out then I hope they continue longer.

In my opinion, it is not quite as simple as that and I stand by my comment that 'taking a knee' I can just about accept, but the 'black power' (Malcolm X) fist in the air gesture, is a step too far: it is not indicative of equality, but 'black supremacy' although I wonder how many of the players who strike the pose know the history behind it. I just hope it all stops when season 2020/21 starts next month.

I recently saw an excellent 5 part documentary about O.J. Simpson on BBC iPlayer (not the Netflix thing, but that is good too). It clearly showed that Simpson was found innocent because his lawyers skillfully played the 'race card' and the black people en masse cheered the result, as a sort of revenge for the Rodney King beating. Is that justice?

And the sad thing is, as I type this, it's still all going on in the USA. But the more BLM protest, especially violently - the more Donald Trump benefits and there is an election in three months, they need to think about that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.