Sol Campbell court case

Return of the Mac said:
I am not homophobic or do i ever chant abuse at a football match whatever the reason. I just think that the lengths that people are taking this high profile case over anything else is beyond reason.....if it was someone in school or in the street do you think it would recieve the same attention. It just stinks of who he is and what he can afford to do !!! I have very little sympathy and i dont apologise for it.

Oh, I wasn't suggesting you were homophobic or racist, nor that you chant such things. In fact, I don't believe the people that chant stuff like that are intrinsically, either. I was just countering your points.

Of course, if it was in the street, then it's a completely different context. Both racial and homophobic attacks/assaults in the streets are punished harshly, but then again, there's not a line of stewards and a stand of people who can make it stop at just words.

Although, when it comes down to just verbal abuse, then yes, of course it won't get the same attention. It's not aimed at somebody famous, so it's not really news.

Football is well and truly fucked if someone cant abuse a player. When you think back to the players of the seventies who got dogs abuse if their dad died or the wife left them. Does it really matter if we hurt a players feelings. Does it heck.

DonJulio said:
If the "hanging from a tree" bit is not intended to be racist then it's a very unfortunate accident. Pretty terrible imo.

he disappeared from a game at half time I think and was "missing " according to the media.
It appears he had a bit of a breakdown and this song relates to him being missing and potentially being a suicide risk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.