Some more info.( update page 47 )

Re: Some more info...................

GStar said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
1. Manchester desirable place to live,Porthsmouth not really.
2. Stadium
3. Academy
4. Manager
They can be as rich as they want,but from the pro's i no, would they choose fratton park over our gaff.
We was able to sign an iconic player on the first day, highly unlikely they can.
1 year a head of them already, do you want anymore??

1. I agree but palyers could easily commute more a more desirable destination
2. They build a new ground
3. You think JT will sign for us because of our academy?
4. They bring in a higher profile name now they're cash rich

I don't think what you've said stands up. Its a hypothetical situation remember, but in one year if they do all of what i've suggested there, they sign some good players, look like they're really on the up and then come in for Ireland in three years time, then you're saying you could see he might want to join thier project? (Ours could have finshed at this point, lets say we've somehowe won the Prem and got to the CL final)

We'd all say Ireland had no reason whatsoever to join Pompey.

Your going off the point, i said were streets a head of portsmouth the club, not how to attract John Terry.
Cant just build a new ground in a day. then they will have to find the fans.
Let them bring in a high profile name, its not just about having a high profile name, look at Sven.

p.s maybe Terry might like the academy after all the fuss Lampard was making about it the other week.

I think it's only City where a RELIABLE source could post that we are in the hunt to sign John Terry and this could spawn a twenty page thread full of people arguing what a knob he is. ANY other club, and everyone would be over the moon to be linked with such a fantastic player and desperate for our attempt to sign him to succeed. You know what, City fans are ace and I love you all, but you can be a miserable bunch of twats sometimes!

John terry good player but i agree with a lot of people on here, he's a complete twat.
just a thought... would our (hopefully) new signing tevez want to play alongside someone who spat on him in the champions league final 2 years ago?
You can get away with a lot if you're england captain it seems.

Andouble said:
---------Given----------
-Richards-Terry-Lescott-Bridge-
----------De Jong-----
------Ireland-------Barry----
---Tevez-----------Robinho---
----------Eto'o--------

bench: Taylor, SWP, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Zabaleta, Kompany, Onuoha

that my friends, is a team not just up for the challenge of top 4, but top honors.

I prefer:

---------Given----------
-Richards-Terry-Onuoha-Lescott-
----------Kompany-----
------Ireland-------Barry----
---Tevez-----------Robinho---
----------Eto'o--------

Terry is an arsehole but he's also a winner and won't lie down for anyone.

Dunney is a fucking gent and a nice guy but he's also prone to fucking up and has little fight in him.

If we want to win or be good then we need a few twats. Our squad at present is hardly likeable, we're just biased. We have the most odious man in football playing for us for fucks sake.

TheMightyQuinn said:

Dunney is a fucking gent and a nice guy but he's also prone to fucking up and has little fight in him.

If we want to win or be good then we need a few twats. Our squad at present is hardly likeable, we're just biased. We have the most odious man in football playing for us for fucks sake.

What the fuck does odious mean???????????????

blueinsa said:
GStar said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
No body has to be dumped, was hart dumped no,we can farm out other players who are not upto scratch at the mo, do you want success, or another mediocre season,what ever your answer will be should end the arguement!!

A valid point, we may well indeed utilise the lan system more frequently.

However you still miss my point, do i want success next season? Of course i do, who doesn't. The real question is; "At what price are you willing to sacrifice the identity of MCFC to speed up the process of success?"

We're going about it the right way, its not certain but id a safe bet to suggest we'll end up part of a "top 5" in the next few years.

Personally i'd be more proud if we took a differnet route and did it our way, if we saw the talent, we nurtured it, not discard it into someone else's hands. i 'd like to see us get the balance between youth and experience right not just throw money at players who wouldn't look twice at us.

GStar mate, what's this identity that your shit scared of us losing?

Is it the identity that every one has of us being a joke club, underachievers?

The harsh realities are mate that to win, we will need to spend big money on players that are winners, guys that dont like to lose under any circumstances and they show that! Black, White, Cheats, Gay etc, etc, nobody will care as long as they are Winners!

I really dont think your going to get what you want and to be honest im perplexed as to what this identity you keep harping on about, is?

The identity of having a bit of class! Unlike United Chelsea and Madrid who are classless.

Ticket For Schalke said:
Your going off the point, i said were streets a head of portsmouth the club, not how to attract John Terry.
Cant just build a new ground in a day. then they will have to find the fans.
Let them bring in a high profile name, its not just about having a high profile name, look at Sven.

p.s maybe Terry might like the academy after all the fuss Lampard was making about it the other week.

The original point was why i didnt think Terry would choose us for anything else but money. I likened Terry come to us to Ireland going to Pompey in a few years, depending on the scenario of thier takeover.

We're steets ahead of them now, but whats to say they wont catch up in a few years? Thats not the point up for debate though. For arguements sake, we're saying they become filthy rich, build a new ground, bring in a high profile manager and strengthen the squad perhaps even a rogue superstar or two.

They come in for Ireland, for example, in three seasons as they feel they're about to qulaify for CL/European football and see him as an integral player to help got up the next few levels to a title challenging team.

Could we justify any reasons for him moving?

(You could replace Pompey with any club; its not the specific club we're debating, but the situation the two clubs find themsleves in, the connection of the player Terry/Ireland to the original club and how we percieve the transfer)

TrannieTerry-682_725968a.jpg

Ricster said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

What the fuck does odious mean???????????????

BELLAMY!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.