Some more info.( update page 47 )

Re: Some more info...................

kippax casual said:
travelman said:
kippax casual said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
FFS spursmad gives us some news and everybody goes into "I hate that c**t" mode (regarding Terry).

Fact is Terry has been 1 of the best CentreBacks in the league for many seasons and because he has maybe been abit of a spoon outside of football, you all hate him! He would single handedly take our defence to the next level which is something which is much needed. He is Englands captain and a natural born leader which we lack at the minute.

If we do get him, im guessing if he was a major part of us winning something this year you wouldnt cheer him? Exactly, hypocritcal to say the least.

One thing that could sweeten the deal for Terry is his sponsorship with Umbro i.e joining us, being sponsored by Umbro and earning a shit load in Image and sponsorship rights. Like Kaka with Adidas.

Terry maybe a tit outside of football but when he is playing he is no doubting he is awesome and for me would be a welcome addition to the squad

When he is playing he is a moaning cheating dirty player.

No he is actually a born winner just like keane who somebody else mentioned. So if you want to see silver wear, which i do then that it is what it takes.

Yeah because Paul Scholes, Maradona, Iniesta, Pele, Bobby Moore and Maldini all acted like Keane and Terry didn't they! Behave
Behave, scholes was and is a dirty little bastard class in his day but still adirty bastard, maradonna hand of god cocaine head. and the days of pele and moore are days off old .

squirtyflower said:
fuck me, i go to cook tea for me and the kids, I come back and there's a 17 page thread on signing Terry and Eto'o, shouldn't we call a moratorium over meal times or something, we do need to eat you know!

I eat at the computer during transfer window period.

Spindash said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
Put the shoe on the other foot, if this was Dunne who pulled Anelka and he got away with it would you call Dunne the names you are calling Terry??

No you wouldn't. You would be saying "Thank f*ck for that"

I doubt Dunne would go to those measures to foul a player, and even if he did I also doubt he'd spend two minutes after the referee sent him off shouting in his face (because that's what he did).[/quote
john terry until we can find a saint withe the same winning attitude

Trigger said:
Ricster said:
Spursmad, are City gonna sell more Chicken Balti Pies before the match and at half time? Im sick of going up at half time, and cos so called fans have left their seats 5 mins before the whistle there are none left.

I love chicken balti pies.

I thought you werent going anymore ;)

Still undecided :P

(its a disease we just cant get rid of is City)

Ticket For Schalke said:
1. Manchester desirable place to live,Porthsmouth not really.
2. Stadium
3. Academy
4. Manager
They can be as rich as they want,but from the pro's i no, would they choose fratton park over our gaff.
We was able to sign an iconic player on the first day, highly unlikely they can.
1 year a head of them already, do you want anymore??

1. I agree but palyers could easily commute more a more desirable destination
2. They build a new ground
3. You think JT will sign for us because of our academy?
4. They bring in a higher profile name now they're cash rich

I don't think what you've said stands up. Its a hypothetical situation remember, but in one year if they do all of what i've suggested there, they sign some good players, look like they're really on the up and then come in for Ireland in three years time, then you're saying you could see he might want to join thier project? (Ours could have finshed at this point, lets say we've somehowe won the Prem and got to the CL final)

We'd all say Ireland had no reason whatsoever to join Pompey.

GStar said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
No body has to be dumped, was hart dumped no,we can farm out other players who are not upto scratch at the mo, do you want success, or another mediocre season,what ever your answer will be should end the arguement!!

A valid point, we may well indeed utilise the lan system more frequently.

However you still miss my point, do i want success next season? Of course i do, who doesn't. The real question is; "At what price are you willing to sacrifice the identity of MCFC to speed up the process of success?"

We're going about it the right way, its not certain but id a safe bet to suggest we'll end up part of a "top 5" in the next few years.

Personally i'd be more proud if we took a differnet route and did it our way, if we saw the talent, we nurtured it, not discard it into someone else's hands. i 'd like to see us get the balance between youth and experience right not just throw money at players who wouldn't look twice at us.

I take all that into account, but when we have shit players its still MCFC to me,when we have average players its still MCFC to me,when we have good players its still MCFC to me, so im guessin itll still be MCFC to me,when we have a few quality players. its all a cirlce thi football malarky, good teams most of the time dont have success every year, lets just enjoy the ride, and see where it takes us before we pass judgment on losing values of our club.

GStar said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
No body has to be dumped, was hart dumped no,we can farm out other players who are not upto scratch at the mo, do you want success, or another mediocre season,what ever your answer will be should end the arguement!!

A valid point, we may well indeed utilise the lan system more frequently.

However you still miss my point, do i want success next season? Of course i do, who doesn't. The real question is; "At what price are you willing to sacrifice the identity of MCFC to speed up the process of success?"

We're going about it the right way, its not certain but id a safe bet to suggest we'll end up part of a "top 5" in the next few years.

Personally i'd be more proud if we took a differnet route and did it our way, if we saw the talent, we nurtured it, not discard it into someone else's hands. i 'd like to see us get the balance between youth and experience right not just throw money at players who wouldn't look twice at us.

GStar mate, what's this identity that your shit scared of us losing?

Is it the identity that every one has of us being a joke club, underachievers?

The harsh realities are mate that to win, we will need to spend big money on players that are winners, guys that dont like to lose under any circumstances and they show that! Black, White, Cheats, Gay etc, etc, nobody will care as long as they are Winners!

I really dont think your going to get what you want and to be honest im perplexed as to what this identity you keep harping on about, is?

With regards to giving the youth a chance (i.e. Ned) before buying imo a top class player (which nobody here actually knows off the pitch, and is Englands Captain) I can see your point, but on the flip side of the coin is the fact that putting too much pressure to early on, doesnt help youth development either (i.e. Mr Richards). City will continue to develop quality players from the acedemy, and those good enough will get their chance, but in recent times, relying on the youth has been through neccesity, not choice, some have done well (i.e. Ireland, Ned - Last Season) and some are given so much shite by the fans when they're having a bad time (i.e. Richards). Having quality players will help not hinder youth development, just that the little shits want it too soon.

Incidentally City can and do (and will have to more often) loan players to assist in their development, give them first team footy etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.