Some Of Our Fans

SteWadda said:
Didsbury Dave said:
peoffrey said:
In what way? None of the usual lads I grew up with are going anymore because they've been priced out. They also didn't enjoy the flatter atmosphere and Showsec antics inside the ground.

Our support has changed, in fact football support in general, has become miles better behaved and more civilised. All seaters occasionally throw together two "types" of fans who wouldn't usually mix, but in general it's safe as house for kids.

25 years ago a game like this would have had mass battles in the streets and pubs, bottles being thrown, crushes on the terraces, stabbings etc.

Football fans are just getting that "remember when every summer was hot and wagon wheels were bigger" syndrome that people get.

I keep telling my dad that they were bigger because his hands were smaller
I used to go to Maine Rd, and didn't ever see any trouble in the 80's, obviously, didn't go to that many games, so might have been lucky!
And as for hot summers, don't suppose you remember summer of '76? I fried an egg on the paving stones outside my house, never been able to do it since.
But you're right about Wagon wheels, it's official, they haven't changed size for 40 years

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I've seen it kick off plenty of times between blues at aways, usually, strangely enough, when there's been all day drinking involved, Munich away (this season) being a prime example. One (younger) set behind me were moaning at the lack of noise, which some middle aged blues further back took exception to. Much ridiculous flailing of arms and gesticulating followed, to the amusement of most of the rest of us.

As to wagon wheels, there's no doubt in my mind they were bigger at Maine Road than you can seem to find today. . I'm not normally a fan of marshmallow, but I actually quite fancy one right now.

Bloody de Niro.

Can't take him anywhere.

Bewar3them00n said:
SteWadda said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Our support has changed, in fact football support in general, has become miles better behaved and more civilised. All seaters occasionally throw together two "types" of fans who wouldn't usually mix, but in general it's safe as house for kids.

25 years ago a game like this would have had mass battles in the streets and pubs, bottles being thrown, crushes on the terraces, stabbings etc.

Football fans are just getting that "remember when every summer was hot and wagon wheels were bigger" syndrome that people get.

I used to go to Maine Rd, and didn't ever see any trouble in the 80's, obviously, didn't go to that many games, so might have been lucky!
And as for hot summers, don't suppose you remember summer of '76? I fried an egg on the paving stones outside my house, never been able to do it since.
But you're right about Wagon wheels, it's official, they haven't changed size for 40 years
76 summer was well ace, sent home from school after fryin eggs in playground n' tables/desks too hot for class activities, drains poppin out of roads, canals down to sand n' Mr Softy runnin out of Lemon Ice n' Slush Puppies...

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
I remember when there used to be white dog shit everywhere.

It used to fall from the roofs of football stadiums across the land and we would bask in how white it was.

And we all used to join hands and create a big basket for the white dog shit to fall in to.

And then we all used to lift our noses to the scent of mum's hot pot.

And then we'd all listen to Pink Floyd, unaware that Miley Cyrus was around the corner.

We used to play in the street where there were no cars and no paedophiles. At all.

Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end.

White dog shit.

The" old white crumbly" - whatever happened to it?

TGR said:
salfordpaul said:
many of the people on this thread who are shocked by city fans behaviour obviously only started doing aways when the success arrived recently!

first time I saw city fans fighting with each other was city v barnet away, saw it at gillingham 1999, loads of times abroad......poznan when we played grocklyn, belgium and hamburg under keegan. at grocklyn it cracked off in the ground and a portaloo was pushed over with a city fan inside it!!

trains to london in the 80's and 90's were full of lads taking speed and smoking cannabis.

This was all 15 yrs or so ago, so if you ve not been stuck in a timewarp, you really have had a lucky escape or you travelled by helicopter and sat in the directors box............or you didn t go !

And as erast fandorin said, the aggro was serious then!

Yeah... I only started doing aways in 1973. Is that when the 'success arrived'?

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=298485#p7605986" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?t=298485#p7605986</a>

I suspect you haven't done many since then. Nowt to be ashamed of.

first time I saw city fans fighting with each other was city v barnet away, saw it at gillingham 1999, loads of times abroad......poznan when we played grocklyn, belgium and hamburg under keegan. at grocklyn it cracked off in the ground and a portaloo was pushed over with a city fan inside it!!
trains to london in the 80's and 90's were full of lads taking speed and smoking cannabis.

Thought that was lokeren?

Bewar3them00n said:
SteWadda said:
Didsbury Dave said:

When production of Wagon Wheels moved from Slough to Wales in the 1980s, the design changed from having crimpled edges to smooth edges and this resulted in an approximately 5mm reduction in diameter (approx 6% reduction). You can still get crimple-edged Wagon Wheels in Australia and they are nearly 19% bigger than the current British ones, but are thinner.

Incidentally, the original baker had a motto ... "People will eat horseshit if it has enough icing on it". You don't get company slogans like this anymore!

So, in summary, anyone backing up their facts by saying Wagon Wheels are the same size as when they were a kid in the 1970s, are incorrect.

I'm never going to Wembley again.................it sounds really bad.

Scary

I'm writing to our president Baracka muffiner

bainy said:

Thought that was lokeren?

It happened at Groclin, the club let him have a shower and he was provided with training gear to wear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.