Some Of Our Fans

I remember when there used to be white dog shit everywhere.

It used to fall from the roofs of football stadiums across the land and we would bask in how white it was.

And we all used to join hands and create a big basket for the white dog shit to fall in to.

And then we all used to lift our noses to the scent of mum's hot pot.

And then we'd all listen to Pink Floyd, unaware that Miley Cyrus was around the corner.

We used to play in the street where there were no cars and no paedophiles. At all.

Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end.

White dog shit.

many of the people on this thread who are shocked by city fans behaviour obviously only started doing aways when the success arrived recently!

first time I saw city fans fighting with each other was city v barnet away, saw it at gillingham 1999, loads of times abroad......poznan when we played grocklyn, belgium and hamburg under keegan. at grocklyn it cracked off in the ground and a portaloo was pushed over with a city fan inside it!!

trains to london in the 80's and 90's were full of lads taking speed and smoking cannabis.

This was all 15 yrs or so ago, so if you ve not been stuck in a timewarp, you really have had a lucky escape or you travelled by helicopter and sat in the directors box............or you didn t go !

And as erast fandorin said, the aggro was serious then!

I wouldn't class away games as wholesome family entertainment, and if I was a family bloke I wouldn't be taking kids under 15 with me to 90% of grounds, same way I wouldn't take them to a rock concert or a rowdy bar/pub.

salfordpaul said:
many of the people on this thread who are shocked by city fans behaviour obviously only started doing aways when the success arrived recently!

first time I saw city fans fighting with each other was city v barnet away, saw it at gillingham 1999, loads of times abroad......poznan when we played grocklyn, belgium and hamburg under keegan. at grocklyn it cracked off in the ground and a portaloo was pushed over with a city fan inside it!!

trains to london in the 80's and 90's were full of lads taking speed and smoking cannabis.

This was all 15 yrs or so ago, so if you ve not been stuck in a timewarp, you really have had a lucky escape or you travelled by helicopter and sat in the directors box............or you didn t go !

Yeah... I only started doing aways in 1973. Is that when the 'success arrived'?

Didsbury Dave said:
peoffrey said:
TGR said:
Our support has changed in recent years without a doubt - of this I am convinced.

In what way? None of the usual lads I grew up with are going anymore because they've been priced out. They also didn't enjoy the flatter atmosphere and Showsec antics inside the ground.

Our support has changed, in fact football support in general, has become miles better behaved and more civilised. All seaters occasionally throw together two "types" of fans who wouldn't usually mix, but in general it's safe as house for kids.

25 years ago a game like this would have had mass battles in the streets and pubs, bottles being thrown, crushes on the terraces, stabbings etc.

Football fans are just getting that "remember when every summer was hot and wagon wheels were bigger" syndrome that people get.

And Donald is not nicking cigs and money of young City fans! (yes he owes me about 200)

salfordpaul said:

This is so true. I am not condoning it but the drugs culture at City in the late 70s and 80s was huge. One thing I thought last week at Wembley was how little City's core support had changed. It's great that the hooligan culture has declined but we are still a long way from being a club with a large "happy clappy" support.

Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:
peoffrey said:
In what way? None of the usual lads I grew up with are going anymore because they've been priced out. They also didn't enjoy the flatter atmosphere and Showsec antics inside the ground.

Our support has changed, in fact football support in general, has become miles better behaved and more civilised. All seaters occasionally throw together two "types" of fans who wouldn't usually mix, but in general it's safe as house for kids.

25 years ago a game like this would have had mass battles in the streets and pubs, bottles being thrown, crushes on the terraces, stabbings etc.

Football fans are just getting that "remember when every summer was hot and wagon wheels were bigger" syndrome that people get.

And Donald is not nicking cigs and money of young City fans! (yes he owes me about 200)

Always used to ask politely for mine TBF ;.)

I've seen it kick off plenty of times between blues at aways, usually, strangely enough, when there's been all day drinking involved, Munich away (this season) being a prime example. One (younger) set behind me were moaning at the lack of noise, which some middle aged blues further back took exception to. Much ridiculous flailing of arms and gesticulating followed, to the amusement of most of the rest of us.

As to wagon wheels, there's no doubt in my mind they were bigger at Maine Road than you can seem to find today. . I'm not normally a fan of marshmallow, but I actually quite fancy one right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.