Sometimes I just love, love, love Red Cafe...

Brwned said:
Damocles said:
Wasn't aware that he played for free.

Also, you seem to have selective reasoning on Bebe. Madrid were sniffing around him at the time, and Quieroz gave him the thumbs up, so £7m isn't a huge amount of money to pay for a player like that. You know that you can probably sell him to Madrid in a year or two for £10m even without playing a game. Anyway, it's not like Ferguson has ever really made a fuck up in the transfer market. Well, apart from

Tevez
Saha
Stam
Djemba Djemba
Kleberson
Miller
Dong
Veron
Prunier
Hargreaves
Berbatov
Cruyff
Manucho
Barthez
Bosnich
Taibi
Blomqvist
Bellion
Smith
Carroll
Greening
Poborsky
Dublin
Nevland
McGibbon
Sealy
Coton
Ricardo
Howard
Berg
Tosic

Apart from those though, he's quality.

Thanks, that was entirely relevant. Because it's not like in previous posts I suggested every one of Diouf, Hernandez, Smalling and Bebe could all conceivably fail and cause us to incur a big loss, or anything. No no, I obviously implied Sir Alex was infallible in the transfer market and they'd all be big hits.

Unless that was an attempt at a wind-up? Which in that case was shockingly bad, where's the fun in that one? Shame.
you spelt tits wrong

Brwned said:
stony said:
Do honestly beleive that your club is not being financially hamstrung by the Glazers debt?

I think I'd have to check myself in to a mental hospital if so.

No, all I'm saying is that we're not as in the dumps as some are saying. IF we were we wouldn't spend £7m on someone we know almost nothing about, would you not agree?

Can you see any logic to us spending money we desperately need to save on a hugely risky signing? I can't. That to me means we don't desperately need to keep it, we've got some in reserve.

Nowhere near as much as before, and that's depressing, but it's not as bad as has been suggested.
rassclot said:
would you like me to explain it with the aid of pictures? if you read my post again you'll see that i said united have to sell to buy. they've broken marginally above even on this summer's comings & goings. yes, they're financially fucked & yes, they've paid £7.4 million on a player they could have got for almost nothing a few weeks before. the money was funded from the sale of tosic (another wonder kid that flopped) and/or foster. for a club that's financially fucked that's a bit profligate to say the least. he cost more than adam johnson ffs. does that make sense now?

the problem many united fans have is that ferguson can do no wrong no matter what cock ups he makes or how much bollocks he speaks. his fuck ups in the transfer market are the stuff of legend. tosic (as above),
veron, taibi, djemba djemba, kleberson, etc etc. plus his personal feud with mcmanus & magnier over rock of gibraltar directly - yes directly - led to the takover by the glazers whom he consistently & publicly backs to the hilt.

That's not the point I was making though.

Right, let's look at it this way - we've made £14m from player sales, and we're in need of a new player, and we're low on cash otherwise, what do you do? You spend that money on someone reliable, on someone you know who can come in and do a job, because if they fail you have no money to fix the problem you've caused by taking a risk.

We didn't do that, and I'm asking why.

-- Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:27 pm --

woolleyback blue said:
Interesting reading another utd supporter desperately peddling the official line.

I'd like to put a couple of questions.

Would the utd of 3/4 yrs ago have blown the lead twice against a club of the level of Fulham.

Scholes has started the season well but do you seriously think he'll last the whole season in that form or even last the whole season at his age?

You do realise that two years ago we won the league, got the the CL final, and yet lost to Fulham at their ground?

And no, Scholes can't do it all. But then in 07/08 he was used relatively sparingly - he started less games than last year - and we won the double, so I don't think it's as if we can't get by without him. And no, I'm not suggesting we're going to win the double, and yes, I do realise Ronaldo and Tevez aren't there any more.

You didn't surrender a lead at Fulham when they beat you.
2 seasons ago. My point is the utd of even 2 yrs ago very rarely surrendered a lead to a mid table club. Is it a sign of your increasing weakness.

Who's going to take Scholes place now..you haven't bought anyone and there's no one coming thru from the youth teams.

woolleyback blue said:
Brwned said:
I think I'd have to check myself in to a mental hospital if so.

No, all I'm saying is that we're not as in the dumps as some are saying. IF we were we wouldn't spend £7m on someone we know almost nothing about, would you not agree?

Can you see any logic to us spending money we desperately need to save on a hugely risky signing? I can't. That to me means we don't desperately need to keep it, we've got some in reserve.

Nowhere near as much as before, and that's depressing, but it's not as bad as has been suggested.

That's not the point I was making though.

Right, let's look at it this way - we've made £14m from player sales, and we're in need of a new player, and we're low on cash otherwise, what do you do? You spend that money on someone reliable, on someone you know who can come in and do a job, because if they fail you have no money to fix the problem you've caused by taking a risk.

We didn't do that, and I'm asking why.

-- Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:27 pm --

You do realise that two years ago we won the league, got the the CL final, and yet lost to Fulham at their ground?

And no, Scholes can't do it all. But then in 07/08 he was used relatively sparingly - he started less games than last year - and we won the double, so I don't think it's as if we can't get by without him. And no, I'm not suggesting we're going to win the double, and yes, I do realise Ronaldo and Tevez aren't there any more.

You didn't surrender a lead at Fulham when they beat you.
2 seasons ago. My point is the utd of even 2 yrs ago very rarely surrendered a lead to a mid table club. Is it a sign of your increasing weakness.

Who's going to take Scholes place now..you haven't bought anyone and there's no one coming thru from the youth teams.

I don't understand the point? Why is surrendering a lead to draw against a midtable team any worse than being outclassed and beaten by a midtable team? Why is that a sign that we're getting worse - a one-off game that we did better in the year we were so successful?

Like I said, Scholes was used fairly sparingly in 07/08 so obviously he's not vital for success. As for long-term there's Anderson as the immediate replacement, and there's big hopes for Petrucci. Or we could just buy someone next summer.

Brwned said:
The way you wrote it was as if I opposed the viewpoint, when I'd previously acknowledged it.

Anyway, it's not like Ferguson has ever really made a fuck up in the transfer market. Well, apart from

Did I imply that Sir Alex didn't make many fuck ups, or that these wouldn't be? I thought I'd already mentioned it...

Maybe we should all keep to talking City. None of us come off very well talking about anyone else on here.
Well if you don't like it you know what your options are.

Has anyone else ever noticed that when a very opinionated poster gets completely "owned" by another, their posts in reply get smaller and smaller?

I love Damocles, I really do. ;-)

There are a couple of threads on Red Cafe "RAWK goes into meltdown" and "Bluemoon goes into meltdown" the funny thing is Red Cafe melts down just the same when they lose in fact I think it is the worst forum for it

Brwned said:
I should be trying to educate you? Do you think that would come off well? I'm pretty sure I'd get ignored, or abused, or laughed at...regardless of the logic behind the posts. So I think I'll pass on trying to educate you on our club. That's not why I came here.

Trying to find a pattern from such a small pool of data is quite funny, I must say, but each to their own. Thanks for the amateur psychological breakdown though. I'll get working on expanding my MO just for you.

As for the backhanded insults...you don't think that's a bit hypocritical?
You seem to completely disregard the obvious.
1) YOUR CLUB DOES NOT HAVE THE FINANCIAL MIGHT TO COMPETE. Not just with City but with anybody.
2) YOUR WHOLE SEASON IS DEPENDANT ON AGEING PLAYERS WHO CANNOT SUSTAIN THEIR CURRENT LEVEL OF PERFORMANCE.
3) YOUR MANAGER WHO SEES NO VALUE IN THE MARKET HAS JUST PAID £7 MILLION ON SOMEBODY HE HAS NEVER SEEN PLAY WHO WAS AVAILABLE SEVERAL WEEKS EARLIER FOR FREE.
4)YOU HAVE NO STRENGTH IN DEPTH ANYMORE.
5) YOUR CLUB IS IN DECLINEBUT YOU ARE SO INFECTED BY THE HYPE IT IS CLOUDING YOUR JUDGEMENT.
No one can doubt the success that has been acheive by your club, the record books speak for themselves. A new era in football is dawning in which your team ARE NOT significant players. Now I can understand your reticence to admit this but you are plain blinkered.

Couple of questions, in what way do we need educating? And why did yo come on here?
As to the back handed insults you should not piss in some one's garden and not expect a reaction.
Newton's 3rd law TO EVERY ACTION THERE IS AN EQUAL AND OPPOSITE REACTION.
IF YO DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN ALWAYS LEAVE.

Breadsnapper said:
Brwned said:
I should be trying to educate you? Do you think that would come off well? I'm pretty sure I'd get ignored, or abused, or laughed at...regardless of the logic behind the posts. So I think I'll pass on trying to educate you on our club. That's not why I came here.

Trying to find a pattern from such a small pool of data is quite funny, I must say, but each to their own. Thanks for the amateur psychological breakdown though. I'll get working on expanding my MO just for you.

As for the backhanded insults...you don't think that's a bit hypocritical?
You seem to completely disregard the obvious.
1) YOUR CLUB DOES NOT HAVE THE FINANCIAL MIGHT TO COMPETE. Not just with City but with anybody.
2) YOUR WHOLE SEASON IS DEPENDANT ON AGEING PLAYERS WHO CANNOT SUSTAIN THEIR CURRENT LEVEL OF PERFORMANCE.
3) YOUR MANAGER WHO SEES NO VALUE IN THE MARKET HAS JUST PAID £7 MILLION ON SOMEBODY HE HAS NEVER SEEN PLAY WHO WAS AVAILABLE SEVERAL WEEKS EARLIER FOR FREE.
4)YOU HAVE NO STRENGTH IN DEPTH ANYMORE.
5) YOUR CLUB IS IN DECLINEBUT YOU ARE SO INFECTED BY THE HYPE IT IS CLOUDING YOUR JUDGEMENT.
No one can doubt the success that has been acheive by your club, the record books speak for themselves. A new era in football is dawning in which your team ARE NOT significant players. Now I can understand your reticence to admit this but you are plain blinkered.

Couple of questions, in what way do we need educating? And why did yo come on here?
As to the back handed insults you should not piss in some one's garden and not expect a reaction.
Newton's 3rd law TO EVERY ACTION THERE IS AN EQUAL AND OPPOSITE REACTION.
IF YO DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN ALWAYS LEAVE.

Fucking hell Snapper,if that post doesn`t fuck him off,then it looks as though we`re stuck with him.
Great post mate !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.