Sometimes I just love, love, love Red Cafe...

I'd agree with pretty much all of that - although I still don't fully understand our buying strategy now it does seem that to an extent we're buying with a view to selling in the future. And with us making at least £1m profit on Tosic despite him not starting one game, for example, it's evidently a good business plan. It's just not the way we do things though. It's mildly depressing. I like to avoid problems though so I pretend it doesn't exist a lot of the time. It's who I am.

Wasn't aware that he played for free.

Also, you seem to have selective reasoning on Bebe. Madrid were sniffing around him at the time, and Quieroz gave him the thumbs up, so £7m isn't a huge amount of money to pay for a player like that. You know that you can probably sell him to Madrid in a year or two for £10m even without playing a game. Anyway, it's not like Ferguson has ever really made a fuck up in the transfer market. Well, apart from

Tevez
Saha
Stam
Djemba Djemba
Kleberson
Miller
Dong
Veron
Prunier
Hargreaves
Berbatov
Cruyff
Manucho
Barthez
Bosnich
Taibi
Blomqvist
Bellion
Smith
Carroll
Greening
Poborsky
Dublin
Nevland
McGibbon
Sealy
Coton
Ricardo
Howard
Berg
Tosic

Apart from those though, he's quality.

Heh, fair point. Must've been some harsh times indeed. What I should've added in there is 'in current times'? Even players that West Brom bring in have some sort of reputation, the fans will know about them to an extent...we know nothing about Bebe.

The official site has him down as a striker, when from what we can tell he's closer to a winger who likes to play centrally. We don't know anything.

There's something curious about the whole Bebe, Querioz, Slur Alex thing, perhaps to do with court cases, character witnesses and packaging from the Twitchy Benttwat stationary dept.

Brwned said:
Heh, fair point. Must've been some harsh times indeed. What I should've added in there is 'in current times'? Even players that West Brom bring in have some sort of reputation, the fans will know about them to an extent...we know nothing about Bebe.

The official site has him down as a striker, when from what we can tell he's closer to a winger who likes to play centrally. We don't know anything.

It's good you're taking that as a positive.

You see, if I was a fan of a club who want to win the League and challenge for the Champions League this season and we signed a player no-one knows a thing about for the price of Adam Johnson, I'd be a trifle concerned.

Damocles said:
I'd agree with pretty much all of that - although I still don't fully understand our buying strategy now it does seem that to an extent we're buying with a view to selling in the future. And with us making at least £1m profit on Tosic despite him not starting one game, for example, it's evidently a good business plan. It's just not the way we do things though. It's mildly depressing. I like to avoid problems though so I pretend it doesn't exist a lot of the time. It's who I am.

Wasn't aware that he played for free.

Also, you seem to have selective reasoning on Bebe. Madrid were sniffing around him at the time, and Quieroz gave him the thumbs up, so £7m isn't a huge amount of money to pay for a player like that. You know that you can probably sell him to Madrid in a year or two for £10m even without playing a game. Anyway, it's not like Ferguson has ever really made a fuck up in the transfer market. Well, apart from

Tevez
Saha
Stam
Djemba Djemba
Kleberson
Miller
Dong
Veron
Prunier
Hargreaves
Berbatov
Cruyff
Manucho
Barthez
Bosnich
Taibi
Blomqvist
Bellion
Smith
Carroll
Greening
Poborsky
Dublin
Nevland
McGibbon
Sealy
Coton
Ricardo
Howard
Berg
Tosic

Apart from those though, he's quality.

Thanks, that was entirely relevant. Because it's not like in previous posts I suggested every one of Diouf, Hernandez, Smalling and Bebe could all conceivably fail and cause us to incur a big loss, or anything. No no, I obviously implied Sir Alex was infallible in the transfer market and they'd all be big hits.

Unless that was an attempt at a wind-up? Which in that case was shockingly bad, where's the fun in that one? Shame.

I personally think that pointing to Ferguson's previous transfer failures (which far outweigh his successes) is entirely relevant to a conversation about Bebe and Smalling, yes.

The way you wrote it was as if I opposed the viewpoint, when I'd previously acknowledged it.

Anyway, it's not like Ferguson has ever really made a fuck up in the transfer market. Well, apart from

Did I imply that Sir Alex didn't make many fuck ups, or that these wouldn't be? I thought I'd already mentioned it...

Maybe we should all keep to talking City. None of us come off very well talking about anyone else on here.

Brwned said:
The way you wrote it was as if I opposed the viewpoint, when I'd previously acknowledged it.

Anyway, it's not like Ferguson has ever really made a fuck up in the transfer market. Well, apart from

Did I imply that Sir Alex didn't make many fuck ups, or that these wouldn't be? I thought I'd already mentioned it...

Maybe we should all keep to talking City. None of us come off very well talking about anyone else on here.

You know, your MO is pretty basic. First you argue a decent point, then when you see the tide go against you, you start addressing points that other people haven't made, then when you're floundering you start moving the discussion into how you interpreted a post and how everybody should reread everything you've written, then finally you come off with a backhanded insult.

Check your previous posts, it's a pretty consistent pattern.

Besides, I don't need to come off well talking about United. I speak to enough United fans and coaches to have a relatively informed opinion about them, whereas we still wait to be educated by your greater knowledge (as I would presume somebody who spends lots of time talking about United and debating points with other United fans, you'd have a better opinion on subjects than a City fan).

I should be trying to educate you? Do you think that would come off well? I'm pretty sure I'd get ignored, or abused, or laughed at...regardless of the logic behind the posts. So I think I'll pass on trying to educate you on our club. That's not why I came here.

Trying to find a pattern from such a small pool of data is quite funny, I must say, but each to their own. Thanks for the amateur psychological breakdown though. I'll get working on expanding my MO just for you.

As for the backhanded insults...you don't think that's a bit hypocritical?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.