Songs you hate with every fibre of your being.

For me, the scientist just kind of ambles along, whereas fix you has that great change of pace halfway in, then returns to finish with a quiet ending. It's this that appeals to me about the song.
It's also lyrically better, Martins vocals sound nicer, and it also has what sounds like a church organ in it, never a bad thing.
Just my opinion of course, and I'm probably talking complete bollox.
Nothing new there ;-)

Ha! As you say, it’s all opinions :) It’s just way too simple for me and doesn’t do any of it particularly well.

Ha! As you say, it’s all opinions :) It’s just way too simple for me and doesn’t do any of it particularly well.
Fair enough pal, happy to agree to disagree, I'm not particularly a fan of Coldplay, but I do like a few of their songs, and fix you is one of them.
Good to hear your opinions.

Fair enough pal, happy to agree to disagree, I'm not particularly a fan of Coldplay, but I do like a few of their songs, and fix you is one of them.
Good to hear your opinions.

Ditto with not being particularly a fan, think some of their early stuff was great but when they went overly for the cloud pleasers I just found them a bit repetitive and fix you is one of those that when you have such a standard chord sequence, it needs a really good lyric and I just don’t think it has it. The scientist at least had real emotion to it, that line about science and progress was great as well.

I will admit at glasto a long time ago after having more than a few, I’m pretty sure I sang along to fix you with gusto though ;)

Ditto with not being particularly a fan, think some of their early stuff was great but when they went overly for the cloud pleasers I just found them a bit repetitive and fix you is one of those that when you have such a standard chord sequence, it needs a really good lyric and I just don’t think it has it. The scientist at least had real emotion to it, that line about science and progress was great as well.

I will admit at glasto a long time ago after having more than a few, I’m pretty sure I sang along to fix you with gusto though ;)
Yeah I agree on that, I bought the first album, and enjoyed it. Went downhill from there really. A bit too generically similar after that. I did find a few tunes I enjoyed.
I respect them because they perform well live, and they have a great work ethic. They seem to care about what they do a great deal.
Anyway best leave it there before this turns into a fucking Coldplay thread :-)

I know Queen have a lot of fans on here but I'm sorry I cant fucking stand listening to them. I think it's Mercury's voice and the way he looked at Live Aid.
Not really a queen fan myself bill, but that live aid set was pretty special. He was a great frontman, a showman, an entertainer, and a talented musician. He could sing a bit too. What he looked like had no relevance to me, although he always looked in great shape.
He paid the ultimate price for his excesses in the end. I miss the fella, the world needs stars like him, they make it a better place. He fucking loved it and you could tell. Rip

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.