#SOO Save Our Olé Season III.....Ole, The Trilogy.....We've Failed.....Thank You Ole.

Potter's the obvious choice indeed, but that would require United having the humility to lower expectations for a while. Which we all know isn't in their MO.

Your fun debate is actually better than you realise because the question can be asked in many ways. For instance, post Ferguson I'd definitely agree Mourinho would've been best. Football hadn't yet been completely changed by the modern Spanish + German styles and he was more than capable of inspiring a bunch of ragtag players (pun intended) in an otherwise weakish league.

If you start post-Moyes, I'd have said Solskjaer, because what he's doing now might have actually worked in a league without 2/3 super managers yet in it. Post-Van Gaal, I think Moyes because he could've worked with the team now that it wasn't the sinking ship it was in 2013 (assuming his horrible post United spell doesn't exist in this world). Post-Mourinho, I'd have said a clone Mourinho because a hypothetical new Mourinho with the side they had when he left would've actually been pretty ruthless for a year or two. Post-Ole (assuming he's sacked), Van Gaal would finally work because tbf they have a very strong squad on paper.

Although to answer the original question I'd go Mourinho, Moyes, Solskjaer, Van Gaal.
th (2).jpeg

This is the Potter they'll get.

It's season 2032/33 and Manchester United's veteran manager has just bought his 8th defensive midfielder to allow transfer seeking Paul Pogba to play with more freedom - "The new formation of 1-8-1 should suit Paul's style of play down to the ground even though it only allows for one defender and no forwards, which won't be a problem" said Olly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.