Sorry to say this, but...

Pigeonho

In the King's Head, waiting for the Queen's legs t
This time last year we were £150m better off, 2 points ahead in the league, had Arsenal already under our scalp in a rout and were still in the Carling Cup. Now I appreciate that same manager had failed to get us into the UEFA Cup in the previous season, however with all said and done, especially after the lacklustre performances we are giving even though we have spent untold riches... can anyone tell me how we are better off with just 6 weeks before its a year since Mancini was appointed? I have to be honest - I can't.
Not a Hughes in post far from it infact. All I want to know, maybe in real simple terms, is how we are better off now, because all I see before me is a pretty average team created from what is on paper a fucking amazing squad.

Pigeonho said:
can anyone tell me how we are better off with just 6 weeks before its a year since Mancini was appointed?
We didn't have David Platt a year ago, but we do now.

Feed-The-Goat said:
I like you Pidge, but for fuck sake please give it time!!

We may have been 2 points better off and still in the CC, but whats to say we dont end up forth with the EL and FA cup in the bag with 4th also.

for me at 25 ive never seen this!
All i've ever done is give it time. And at 25 what do you mean you've never seen this? Never seen a team play shit, and get out played and out thought by a half decent Polish team? Our squad is now fully fit. Thats the best part of £250m of talent ready to take on the world, yet for some reason they look like a bunch of mid-table players. No smiles, no passion. I saw THREE players run up to Ade when he scored. Three. We are a shambles and with the likes of Kompany, Silva and Balotelli on the bench, tonight is solely the fault of Mancini. He never used to play for United though so he won't get unfair stick.

I agree with Feed The.
Give it time. We can't just change the manager. Also, im sure Mark Hughes was linked with La Zy Toure Sorry Ya Ya.
Lets hope we come good eh???

Pigeonho said:
This time last year we were £150m better off, 2 points ahead in the league, had Arsenal already under our scalp in a rout and were still in the Carling Cup. Now I appreciate that same manager had failed to get us into the UEFA Cup in the previous season, however with all said and done, especially after the lacklustre performances we are giving even though we have spent untold riches... can anyone tell me how we are better off with just 6 weeks before its a year since Mancini was appointed? I have to be honest - I can't.
Not a Hughes in post far from it infact. All I want to know, maybe in real simple terms, is how we are better off now, because all I see before me is a pretty average team created from what is on paper a fucking amazing squad.

Good call.

My take on it is this....

When everyone is fit, I have no problem with the way Mancini sets the team up, it isn't to everyone's liking but I've stuck up for him because he has got results and I have recognised what he is trying to achieve.

However, he needs to be more flexible and when he has different players at his disposal he has play to their stengths, not his.

Tonight is a perfect example. Why not play 4 4 1 1 or 4 4 2 with Milner and Vieira in the middle and Johnson and SWP on the 'correct' flanks? We had Boateng in midfield for a period on Saturday and tonight we had Zab; why have we got square pegs in round holes with all the money that's been spent?

I've been a staunch supporter of Mancini and gave him the benefit of the doubt on Saturday (despite him fucking up from start to finish) but that's the second time in a week he's been culpable.

It's a worry. A real fucking worry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.