Sorry to say this, but...

m27 said:
My take on it is this....

When everyone is fit, I have no problem with the way Mancini sets the team up, it isn't to everyone's liking but I've stuck up for him because he has got results and I have recognised what he is trying to achieve.

However, he needs to be more flexible and when he has different players at his disposal he has play to their stengths, not his.

Tonight is a perfect example. Why not play 4 4 1 1 or 4 4 2 with Milner and Vieira in the middle and Johnson and SWP on the 'correct' flanks? We had Boateng in midfield for a period on Saturday and tonight we had Zab; why have we got square pegs in round holes with all the money that's been spent?

I've been a staunch supporter of Mancini and gave him the benefit of the doubt on Saturday (despite him fucking up from start to finish) but that's the second time in a week he's been culpable.

It's a worry. A real fucking worry.
I will support him as long as he is in tenure, but that doesn't mean I won't criticize him. What I find interesting is what people would be making if all this was reversed. So, say Mancini got appointed in 2008 and then got sacked with us being 6th in the league and in the semi's of the cup, then Hughes got appointed and took us to where we are now - i.e. no better off than we already were, but £150m spent on yet more players. I think we would see a massive turn on him. Very funny that I think.

Pigeonho said:
Feed-The-Goat said:
I like you Pidge, but for fuck sake please give it time!!

We may have been 2 points better off and still in the CC, but whats to say we dont end up forth with the EL and FA cup in the bag with 4th also.

for me at 25 ive never seen this!
All i've ever done is give it time. And at 25 what do you mean you've never seen this? Never seen a team play shit, and get out played and out thought by a half decent Polish team? Our squad is now fully fit. Thats the best part of £250m of talent ready to take on the world, yet for some reason they look like a bunch of mid-table players. No smiles, no passion. I saw THREE players run up to Ade when he scored. Three. We are a shambles and with the likes of Kompany, Silva and Balotelli on the bench, tonight is solely the fault of Mancini. He never used to play for United though so he won't get unfair stick.

Spot on skipper and as for

but whats to say we dont end up forth with the EL and FA cup in the bag with 4th also.

er..common sense, footballing knowledge. I mean, if we are going to go off those principles, what's to say that we won't win the treble? However, the reality of the situation is far removed from this.

This time last year, I was unconvinced about Hughes but at least (on home soil anyway) we knew how to create chances and we knew how to take the game to the opposition. We put the frighteners up teams at home for 18 months under Hughes, for all his faults.

This utter turd football we are playing now wouldn't frighten my grandmother.

We have gone backwards in this last twelve months, not forwards and I can bet you Garry Cook and Brian Marwood are going to be having some sleepless nights at the moment.

The main reason Hughes got sacked was that we couldn't take another one of his transfer windows.

At least Mancini has bought players who will regain us some money.

We have to give it time because swapping again mid season would be wrong. We were wrong to sack Hughes when we did last season especially as he wasnt given the opportunity to take us to our first final for 29 years. That should have been left until the end of the season too if he didnt achieve 4th.

However, this is a fans opinion forum and anyone on here who can say they are happy after that performance and that at Wolves are clearly very blue tinted! Even rags get pissed off when they draw a game and look what they have won! Boards all over the country will have stuff on it like this when teams play like that. We have spent 300 Million quid and look no closer to winning anything than we did last year or the year before.

Mancini is under pressure and then compounds it by picking that side. Most of them probably know they are on borrowed time and as a result probably couldnt give a toss if we win or lose. Given looked uninterested tonight. SWP was awful as were Vieira, Bridge and Richards. Only Adebayor to a degree, Lescott and Silva put in the required effort.

Pigeonho said:
m27 said:
My take on it is this....

When everyone is fit, I have no problem with the way Mancini sets the team up, it isn't to everyone's liking but I've stuck up for him because he has got results and I have recognised what he is trying to achieve.

However, he needs to be more flexible and when he has different players at his disposal he has play to their stengths, not his.

Tonight is a perfect example. Why not play 4 4 1 1 or 4 4 2 with Milner and Vieira in the middle and Johnson and SWP on the 'correct' flanks? We had Boateng in midfield for a period on Saturday and tonight we had Zab; why have we got square pegs in round holes with all the money that's been spent?

I've been a staunch supporter of Mancini and gave him the benefit of the doubt on Saturday (despite him fucking up from start to finish) but that's the second time in a week he's been culpable.

It's a worry. A real fucking worry.
I will support him as long as he is in tenure, but that doesn't mean I won't criticize him. What I find interesting is what people would be making if all this was reversed. So, say Mancini got appointed in 2008 and then got sacked with us being 6th in the league and in the semi's of the cup, then Hughes got appointed and took us to where we are now - i.e. no better off than we already were, but £150m spent on yet more players. I think we would see a massive turn on him. Very funny that I think.

I can only speak for myself but I stuck up for Hughes (and Ewood Park away end was nasty before those two late goals) until I came to the view he wasn't the man. His past never came into it for me.

I agree with Soulboy (separate thread), despite what any of us think or want, Mancini is clinging on at the moment.

Sabster said:
The main reason Hughes got sacked was that we couldn't take another one of his transfer windows.

At least Mancini has bought players who will regain us some money.
What you mean like our best players this year, Tevez and Kompany? Or do you mean De Jong? Or do you mean Ade? Course you could mean Yaya but oh hang on, he is a Mancini signing. What do you mean, another one of his transfer windows?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

Mancini is under pressure and then compounds it by picking that side. Most of them probably know they are on borrowed time and as a result probably couldnt give a toss if we win or lose. Given looked uninterested tonight. SWP was awful as were Vieira, Bridge and Richards. Only Adebayor to a degree, Lescott and Silva put in the required effort.

+1

Pigeonho said:
So so true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.