Sorry to say this, but...

DD said:
Pigeonho said:
All i've ever done is give it time. And at 25 what do you mean you've never seen this? Never seen a team play shit, and get out played and out thought by a half decent Polish team? Our squad is now fully fit. Thats the best part of £250m of talent ready to take on the world, yet for some reason they look like a bunch of mid-table players. No smiles, no passion. I saw THREE players run up to Ade when he scored. Three. We are a shambles and with the likes of Kompany, Silva and Balotelli on the bench, tonight is solely the fault of Mancini. He never used to play for United though so he won't get unfair stick.

This utter turd football we are playing now wouldn't frighten my grandmother.

This!!!!

Pigeonho said:
m27 said:
My take on it is this....

When everyone is fit, I have no problem with the way Mancini sets the team up, it isn't to everyone's liking but I've stuck up for him because he has got results and I have recognised what he is trying to achieve.

However, he needs to be more flexible and when he has different players at his disposal he has play to their stengths, not his.

Tonight is a perfect example. Why not play 4 4 1 1 or 4 4 2 with Milner and Vieira in the middle and Johnson and SWP on the 'correct' flanks? We had Boateng in midfield for a period on Saturday and tonight we had Zab; why have we got square pegs in round holes with all the money that's been spent?

I've been a staunch supporter of Mancini and gave him the benefit of the doubt on Saturday (despite him fucking up from start to finish) but that's the second time in a week he's been culpable.

It's a worry. A real fucking worry.
I will support him as long as he is in tenure, but that doesn't mean I won't criticize him. What I find interesting is what people would be making if all this was reversed. So, say Mancini got appointed in 2008 and then got sacked with us being 6th in the league and in the semi's of the cup, then Hughes got appointed and took us to where we are now - i.e. no better off than we already were, but £150m spent on yet more players. I think we would see a massive turn on him. Very funny that I think.

You do remember Mark Hughes was in charge for a season where he under achieved massively. During his first season in charge we were on the whole an average team and finished mid table when we had the players to finish much higher. There was numerous games where we were absolutely shocking and had no idea on the pitch especially away from home but to his credit he signed some good players in the summer of 2009 and we started last season on fire, however performances gradually began to resemble the performances of the previous season and we were slowly slipping down the table with nearly half the leauge campaign gone

Under Mancini we've lost 3 on the bounce after a run of 4 consecutive leauge wins. Two of the performences to me were unacceptable, no ifs or buts and things must improve but lets have a bit of perspective please. We are still sat in 4th and joint top of our Europa Leauge group and favourites to quality, that of course won't be the case if we continue to perform and produce results like the last few but lets wait and see how we get on before comparing this season to how we started last season when you don't take into account the teams we played then and who we have so far this season

Mancini isn't doing a great job, he's doing a decent enough job but needs to improve, he'll know that as well as any one and i'm confident he'll get it right starting on Sunday

I dont understand people who say "give him time", Hes had almost a year. How much time exactly does he need?

20sbc07 said:
I dont understand people who say "give him time", Hes had almost a year. How much time exactly does he need?

In the 10 months or so he's been here what do you think he should have achieved?

How much time would you need?

How much time did Ferguson get?

How much time has Wenger had since last trophy?

Answer: all more than Mancini has had by a shed load. I know lets get shot and start again - Steve Coppell, Frank Clark, Brian Horton, Sven, Hughes etc etc etc etc - this constantly changing the manager seems to really work doesn't it!!

FFS

20sbc07 said:

Jesus fucking christ! Are we only having Managers at 1 year intervals now?

Failsworth_Blue said:
20sbc07 said:

In the 10 months or so he's been here what do you think he should have achieved?
In 6 weeks time he will have been in the job a year, yet as it stands appears to be no more better off than his predecessor, yet having spent shit loads more on players. Yes things might pick up in those next 6 weeks but even so, we are out of the cup we had a genuine chance of winning under Sparky, so even if in the next 6 weeks Mancini maintains our position of 4th, effectively we will still be worse off as at the time Hughes was sacked, we were points within 4th and still had the real chance of silverware. With £150m being spent, we shouldn't even be having this conversation in my opinion.

Pigeonho said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
In 6 weeks time he will have been in the job a year, yet as it stands appears to be no more better off than his predecessor, yet having spent shit loads more on players. Yes things might pick up in those next 6 weeks but even so, we are out of the cup we had a genuine chance of winning under Sparky, so even if in the next 6 weeks Mancini maintains our position of 4th, effectively we will still be worse off as at the time Hughes was sacked, we were points within 4th and still had the real chance of silverware. With £150m being spent, we shouldn't even be having this conversation in my opinion.

Stop it.

Pigeonho said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

Except we won't be worse off than under 'Sparky' (eurgh), if we were safely in the top four (yer man was sacked when we were 7th).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.