sort the pitch out.

comstadcity said:
Had to laugh on way home from the match yesterday. Was listening to Jimmy Wagg and Shaun Goater on BBC Radio Manchester. They were amazed to look out onto the pitch during the after game phone in to see that whilst they hadn't been looking the ground staff had erected what could only be described as a greenhouse with lighting over the goalmouth area in front of the north stand to repair the worn patches.
Jimmy Wagg said that that is what you can do when you have money and that back in the day a groundsman would have gone over to the patch and scattered a handful of grass seed on it and then walked off hoping that the sun would shine for the next couple of days. It made me laugh.
Here is a pic of it that they put on Facebook.
1607035_10151983647039965_1240811689_n.jpg

Impressive.

What is equally impressive is your joined date and total number of posts between now and then. (Not having a go, just a lot has happened to City in that time.)

njmcfc1894 said:
Hihosilva said:
bluebrickroad said:
I am lead to believe that presently all Premier League pitches are exactly the same size.

No.
Manchester City currently have the largest pitch size 116.5 x 78 yards & West Ham have the smallest at 110 x 70 yards.

Lee Jackson is my brother and he's asked me to mention this previously, all pitches have to be same size.

'Bout time Lee got that bare patch fixed. We pay good money in 323 and we shouldn't be shortchanged in the grass roots department. We'll have less grass than the Golden Mile before the end of the season!!

njmcfc1894 said:
Hihosilva said:
bluebrickroad said:
I am lead to believe that presently all Premier League pitches are exactly the same size.

No.
Manchester City currently have the largest pitch size 116.5 x 78 yards & West Ham have the smallest at 110 x 70 yards.

Lee Jackson is my brother and he's asked me to mention this previously, all pitches have to be same size.

I liked your brothers quote in tunnel cam yesterday

dobobobo said:
comstadcity said:
Had to laugh on way home from the match yesterday. Was listening to Jimmy Wagg and Shaun Goater on BBC Radio Manchester. They were amazed to look out onto the pitch during the after game phone in to see that whilst they hadn't been looking the ground staff had erected what could only be described as a greenhouse with lighting over the goalmouth area in front of the north stand to repair the worn patches.
Jimmy Wagg said that that is what you can do when you have money and that back in the day a groundsman would have gone over to the patch and scattered a handful of grass seed on it and then walked off hoping that the sun would shine for the next couple of days. It made me laugh.
1607035_10151983647039965_1240811689_n.jpg

Impressive.

What is equally impressive is your joined date and total number of posts between now and then. (Not having a go, just a lot has happened to City in that time.)

A fair enough comment. I use this and several other forums as a source of information ( I do a lot of foreign travel in my job) and very rarely even log on. It's a great way of keeping up with whats happening City wise whilst I am away from the north west. Deep down I think that I am probably a boring bastrad with not much to say.

comstadcity said:
dobobobo said:
comstadcity said:

Impressive.

A fair enough comment. I use this and several other forums as a source of information ( I do a lot of foreign travel in my job) and very rarely even log on. It's a great way of keeping up with whats happening City wise whilst I am away from the north west. Deep down I think that I am probably a boring bastrad with not much to say.

Arh, well it still shows impressive restraint. My bluemoon link is buried within my very very very long favourites sites list just so I can avoid tempation to spend all my time on here and talk shit. (Personally speaking.)

Now I know everything is wonderful at our club but noticed last night the artificial green grass behind the goals looks shit. No need for it. Hope when we dig down we can put real grass back.

rowarta said:
njmcfc1894 said:
Hihosilva said:
No.

I liked your brothers quote in tunnel cam yesterday

ill have look now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.