sort the pitch out.

Worst Case Ontario said:
ultimateharold said:
5 pages on an ubstantiated joke moan.
When you open stupid threads, you get what you deserve, so next time maybe think

No one's had a go, till you, so not quite sure what I'm deserving to be honest with you.

Clearly people have found points to discuss though which I thought surprising is all.

But you're right. Sorry sir it won't happen again sir. I'll go and stand in the corner and reflect on this heinous act.

bluebrickroad said:
Hihosilva said:
When the academy is open they will most likely stop training at the stadium as the first team training pitches will be identical in size.

I am lead to believe that presently all Premier League pitches are exactly the same size.

No.
Manchester City currently have the largest pitch size 116.5 x 78 yards & West Ham have the smallest at 110 x 70 yards.

Carver said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
ultimateharold said:
Looked a disgrace tonight compared to its normal quality.

I noticed that there was a bit of threadbare-ness around the corner down by CB and SS. I put it down to all the times Navas has been tempting defenders to dive in!!

I think they only have to get the sewing machine out again to make it the green sward it normally is at the beginning of the season.

Some of the "Rewind" videos show how pitches have come on since the seventies and eighties. The Swamp must be the only PL pitch that has retained its 80's credentials.

The swamp is a damn site better this season because they have got rid of the pitch that they had and installed a Desso, similar to City's pitch and installed at many of the World's leading stadia. They had the same kind of pitch that also gave problems at Wembley before this was also replaced with a Desso Grassmaster pitch. I don't know what it is with those fuckers, they always have to do their own thing, know better than anyone else.

Must be the secret of why their home form is shite, teams are going to the swamp and finding a modern premier league football pitch instead of something that is a throwback to 1979.

Perhaps a measure of it, but give shite players a top pitch and the quality of footy will still be shite!

Hihosilva said:
bluebrickroad said:
Hihosilva said:
When the academy is open they will most likely stop training at the stadium as the first team training pitches will be identical in size.

I am lead to believe that presently all Premier League pitches are exactly the same size.

No.
Manchester City currently have the largest pitch size 116.5 x 78 yards & West Ham have the smallest at 110 x 70 yards.

F***. I knew there was a reason we're shit away!

Carver said:
ultimateharold said:
Looked a disgrace tonight compared to its normal quality.

I noticed that there was a bit of threadbare-ness around the corner down by CB and SS. I put it down to all the times Navas has been tempting defenders to dive in!!

I think they only have to get the sewing machine out again to make it the green sward it normally is at the beginning of the season.

Some of the "Rewind" videos show how pitches have come on since the seventies and eighties. The Swamp must be the only PL pitch that has retained its 80's credentials.

The swamp is a damn site better this season because they have got rid of the pitch that they had and installed a Desso, similar to City's pitch and installed at many of the World's leading stadia. They had the same kind of pitch that also gave problems at Wembley before this was also replaced with a Desso Grassmaster pitch. I don't know what it is with those fuckers, they always have to do their own thing, know better than anyone else.

Must be the secret of why their home form is shite, teams are going to the swamp and finding a modern premier league football pitch instead of something that is a throwback to 1979.

City led the way with under-soil heating at Maine Road. I recall there was many occasion in the late 70's early 80's when ITV and BBC would rush to get the cameras to Maine Road in the winter for Match of the Day and The Big Match, knowing that a City home game would not be postponed because of snow and ice.

The Rags eventually caught on with under-soil heating, but had to choose a system all of their own, an electric one I recall, which totally fucked up their pitch even more!

Hihosilva said:
bluebrickroad said:
Hihosilva said:

No.

I bow to your superior knowledge Hihosilva and thanks for correcting me.

In future, before I commit my fingers to the keyboard, I promise to do some research on the subject I am attempting to discuss. ;)

Sheikh Rattle n Roll said:
Carver said:

City led the way with under-soil heating at Maine Road. I recall there was many occasion in the late 70's early 80's when ITV and BBC would rush to get the cameras to Maine Road in the winter for Match of the Day and The Big Match, knowing that a City home game would not be postponed because of snow and ice.

The Rags eventually caught on with under-soil heating, but had to choose a system all of their own, an electric one I recall, which totally fucked up their pitch even more!
Once read that in the pay at the turnstile days they didn't install under soil because if it was snow and ice their fans would have trouble travelling to Manchester and it would hit gate receipts.

bluebrickroad said:
Hihosilva said:
bluebrickroad said:

No.

I bow to your superior knowledge Hihosilva and thanks for correcting me.

In future, before I commit my fingers to the keyboard, I promise to do some research on the subject I am attempting to discuss. ;)

Im just working out how may blades of grass that equates to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.