sound box thingys

Thanks mate for your help it's appreciated.I was thinking of the ultra high definition outputs from Sky utilizing the sky Q2 on the ultra hd channels.

Just edited previous message. I know Sky Q does transmit Dolby Atmos, is your soundbar atmos compatible

OK with the original set up mentioned on post 20 to enable sound on Amazon you had to press the TV button from the HDMI button and now we don't.So now we have HDMI to TV and TV to sound bar via optical thus eliminating one of the HDMI cables.

But here is the crux and what do you all think ? By utilizing this format would we get substandard sound on the sky audio than if we used both HDMI cables "and" the optical cable.Not bothered about the mither swapping on the remote from HDMI to TV if the output is enhanced.I was under the impression HDMI was better than optical cables for sound that emanated from high-resolution audio formats like Bluerays or ultra HD programs.

OK .... So HDMI is 'slightly' better than optical cable particularly for Blu ray etc.. however its not the cable that really matters here its what you are connecting them to. You would really need high end speakers (and I mean high end ) to discern the difference.

OK .... So HDMI is 'slightly' better than optical cable particularly for Blu ray etc.. however its not the cable that really matters here its what you are connecting them to. You would really need high end speakers (and I mean high end ) to discern the difference.

Which is what we don't have.The Yamaha 207 is lower to middle range but still a vast improvement over our TV's Harmon Kardan speaker.The E6 reviewers said the Kardan would be up to the job and I quote."There’s a beautifully open quality to the mid-range that lets the sound ebb and swell to accommodate changes in a soundtrack’s mood. It handles male and female voices alike with real conviction. The mid-range is so smoothly integrated with the soundbar’s surprisingly potent bass and sweet treble that you never hear the join.In short, the OLED65E6 is at least up there with the Panasonic 58DX802 in the fight for best-sounding TV of the year" But the reality is you cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear even if that sounds overtly harsh.The quality we now have is a different experience altogether and I would highly recommend anyone to purchase a bar to replace their built in one.Thanks everyone for the advice on different set ups to get the Amazon sound up and running and agree maybe the optical cable will suffice when speaker quality is taken into consideration.

Last edited:
I use a 10 year old Yamaha AV57 AV amp. 5.1 Dts, digital audio (PCM) from the cable box, plus inputs from the DVD player and XBox. 5 mini satellite speakers and a powered sub.

Clunky by modern standards, but still sounds bloody good.

Fair enough. Just never felt the need for one.

Most people have them hooked up to their tv tho. Maybe it’s one of those things that once you have one you don’t look back.
Bluetooth and music. I'm just a 24 year old savage who likes to shake the house when i beat my dick. So the base on the soundbar, for me, is worth all the money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.