souness

Was amazed to hear his rant, seemed almost unreal, on the upside Quinny and the presenter looked incredulous and surprisingly Quinny became stupendous once again. I await the hospital bulletin on Souness's recovery.#Prayforsouness

Couldn't find a television link, only this from The Telegraph

Former Liverpool player and manager Graeme Souness says: "I expected a different City today. I wonder, if Yaya Toure doesn’t play, do City win that game? They’ll have to be better than that next week at Everton. For me he’s the outstanding midfield player around at the moment and I don’t believe City would have won the game if he didn’t play today. I don't see that as a champions' performance today - they got the result from two goals from an outstanding player. They should be on the front foot all the time playing somebody like Crystal Palace. I expected more. Going to Goodison they will have a very difficult game if they play like that."

Admittedly text alone doesn't always do justice to speech, but I'm struggling to see how his comments merit 27 pages of righteous indignation on here. Toure was the catalyst, indeed the strange thing is that the performance, result, and difference at Palace was exactly the same as what happened on Tyneside in 2012.

Gabriel said:

Former Liverpool player and manager Graeme Souness says: "I expected a different City today. I wonder, if Yaya Toure doesn’t play, do City win that game? They’ll have to be better than that next week at Everton. For me he’s the outstanding midfield player around at the moment and I don’t believe City would have won the game if he didn’t play today. I don't see that as a champions' performance today - they got the result from two goals from an outstanding player. They should be on the front foot all the time playing somebody like Crystal Palace. I expected more. Going to Goodison they will have a very difficult game if they play like that."

Admittedly text alone doesn't always do justice to speech, but I'm struggling to see how his comments merit 27 pages of righteous indignation on here. Toure was the catalyst, indeed the strange thing is that the performance, result, and difference at Palace was exactly the same as what happened on Tyneside in 2012.
Eh, because we dominated that match from start to finish and when Niall Quinn pulled him up on it was when the bitterness really started to show, I believe there's vid footage on the first few pages of this thread.

Inter Me Nan said:
I agree with him we will need to play better to beat Everton.

I don't understand play better. of course there's always room to improve but we were excellent against Palace.
Early goal, never looked threatened, can't really remember any chances they had to be honest.

aguero93:20 said:
Gabriel said:

Eh, because we dominated that match from start to finish and when Niall Quinn pulled him up on it was when the bitterness really started to show, I believe there's vid footage on the first few pages of this thread.

I wish there were video footage of his comments on this thread but there isn't (just been through all 28 pages now). :-)

Gabriel said:
Gabriel said:

I wish there were video footage of his comments on this thread but there isn't (just been through all 28 pages now). :-)
Sorry mate, thought I saw some when the thread first started (was 4 days ago now) <:)

Gabriel said:

Sorry mate, thought I saw some when the thread first started (was 4 days ago now) <:)

Don't worry. :-)

Not having seen the discussion, I was struggling to understand how the quote could be interpreted as inflammatory. He's been one of our few defenders this season, especially so when others have piled in, so I'm going to leave my pitchfork and (un)flaming torch in the cupboard for now.

Souness had been a pro City pundit for a long time now. I think he was a tad disappointed that we didn't bang 5 in, as was I.
Allied to this fact, his beloved Liverpool could well have thrown their title chance, I can forgive his emotional outburst.
Im not sure it was as vitriolic or spiteful as some are making out,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.