souness

Gabriel said:
Not having seen the discussion, I was struggling to understand how the quote could be interpreted as inflammatory. He's been one of our few defenders this season, especially so when others have piled in, so I'm going to leave my pitchfork and (un)flaming torch in the cupboard for now.
I saw it and was gob-smacked as I normally think he's one of the better pundits. That quote doesn't do it justice. He kept going on and on about how we didn't play like champions, despite the fact we'd done what Chelsea failed to do and win there. Even Quinn was laughing at him. It was the way he said it as well - really bitter.

It wasn't so much spiteful but more stupid and incorrect, it was a very solid team performance against one of the form teams of the division who have given the top teams a tough time.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Souness had been a pro City pundit for a long time now. I think he was a tad disappointed that we didn't bang 5 in, as was I.
Allied to this fact, his beloved Liverpool could well have thrown their title chance, I can forgive his emotional outburst.
Im not sure it was as vitriolic or spiteful as some are making out,

it wasn't, he just said and as ive just had a look on my hard drive again he said he was disappointed that we didn't take palace to task and score a few more goals to show the rest how well were playing

Definatly the way he said it. I like Souness and will continue to but most of the reason many like him on here is that he's one of the few who tells it like it is and doesn't tow the sky party line. Sunday however was just the opposite his comments did not reflect the game he just watched, he was gutted and bitter and was grasping at non existant straws to try and put some pressure on city, thought he was above that kind of bollocks. I'll forgive him though as at least he loves his club, just expected better.

bluestevei said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Souness had been a pro City pundit for a long time now. I think he was a tad disappointed that we didn't bang 5 in, as was I.
Allied to this fact, his beloved Liverpool could well have thrown their title chance, I can forgive his emotional outburst.
Im not sure it was as vitriolic or spiteful as some are making out,

it wasn't, he just said and as ive just had a look on my hard drive again he said he was disappointed that we didn't take palace to task and score a few more goals to show the rest how well were playing

I know I've watched it 3 times now and each time he looks more like cracking up. I do think he was over critical maybe a bit bitter.
But spite I don't think so. A lot on here have been putting him in the Owen bracket and that for me is absolute nonsense.

To quote KK I would love it just love it if Palace beat Liverpool on Monday, and we go into the game against Aston Villa level on points so that a win would put us in the driving seat for the game against WHU on Saturday. However we still have to go and beat Everton 1st tomorrow, by 2/3 clear goals would be nice. As for Souness he always sees things from the Liverpool side and no other club matters at all. After all he is just jealous because we have won more trophies over the last 3yrs then his Liverpool team has.

He's one of the better pundits out there and will say what he thinks rather than follow the party line or needlessly troll (keane/talksport), sounds to me like he had a slip up but fuck it I can forgive him for that considering all the good things he's said about us when what seemed like everyone else was willing us on to fail.

MC ID said:
He's one of the better pundits out there and will say what he thinks rather than follow the party line or needlessly troll (keane/talksport), sounds to me like he had a slip up but fuck it I can forgive him for that considering all the good things he's said about us when what seemed like everyone else was willing us on to fail.

He said we'd win the league right at the start of the season.
Maybe he's had a 5 or 6 figure sum on for the title and maybe we're pissing him off
making him wait for his pay off. He should know better. This is City ;-)

I like him. Very often the most supportive pundit around. Wouldn't cross swords with him, even Yosser Hughes was a bit wary of him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.