South American talent

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Kompany is King, 8 Mar 2017.

1. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Not seen much of him but it appears on video that he likes to hold onto the ball, perhaps a reason Pep isn't following him.

2. decmancity

decmancity

I think a player can be coached though. Arthur has a lot of raw ability but he looks a gem, will always be a case of if he settles or not. Whether that’s in the Prem or anywhere. Robinho or Fernandinho? Maicon or Jesus?

3. bluealf

bluealf

Where are all the fans the stadia have about 20 people in them. Hell, the red pen brigade would run out of ink.

4. Divino da Guia

Divino da Guia

Maybe, but Barcelona play with the same ideology and they are "controling" him and doing everything to avoid another club to sign the player.
    He tend to dribble a lot, its a fact. And i dont think he will change that, looks like something fundamental in his playing style.

5. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Watching that it reminds me of a Moroccan gent I play with on my community league team. Great lad, happy to help anyone in need, but incredibly frustrating in games as he wants to dribble through every opposition player and score a worldly, rather than just play the simple pass to the man in the better position (sometimes literally standing on the goal line). Every now and then it comes off, which only works to motivate him to do it more and mask the vast majority of the time when he loses the ball at the halfway line and I have to put in last ditch tackles or blocks to prevent the quick attacks that result from it (as he isn’t much for tracking back, either).

Not sure he has the potential to be a Pep player.

6. Divino da Guia

Divino da Guia

Sorry but this is all bollocks. He is already a top player. He would be a starter for Man City or Barcelona if he goes there.
    The reason you dont know this is because he is in South America. He was the MVP in the final of the Libertadores. He is brilliant 100% of the games. A joy to watch, i have no idea how you came to conclusion that he is frustating.
    His style is very similar to Xavi.

Since you dont watch the player in full games, you dont need to trust the opinions of the Brazilians. Go to any Argentinian or Spanish football site, search for "Arthur Gremio" and take your conclusions.

7. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

You are aware that there have been many players from South America (and the English lower leagues, other parts of Europe, Africa, Asia) that have dominated the competitions they have played in, looked to be an immense talent, but, when they went to England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, have not been successful, yes?

And my post was merely my opinion, which I in no way implied was fact (or even correct)—in fact, I used the phrases “reminds me of” and “not sure”, rather than making heady, exaggerated declarative statements.

Saying that he would be a “starter at Man City or Barcelona if he goes there” (on what evidence of him playing consistently well in either side?) and “he is brilliant 100% of the games” (which is true of absolutely no one, not even Messi) is bollocks and definitely doesn’t lend to credibility in a discussion.

8. Kompany is King

Kompany is King

Wonder if we’ll hear of City making a signing from South America this summer?

9. LucahArchie10

LucahArchie10

Lucas Paquetta

10. MillionDollarDream

MillionDollarDream

Incredibly gifted attacking MF, very confident in his ability and would be a lot harder to replace than vinicius jr or Felipe who’s gone to Udinese. Lucas
    Paquetá and Jean Lucas will be the next talents I think will leave Flamengo