Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup | Post Match Thread

Tinkerman strikes again!
We need some consistency, when's the last time we played the same team for two consecutive games. Play players in their correct position as well, Walker as a centre back for God's sake. It was boring to watch, we had more foul throws than shots on target.
If our attack is going to be a snails pace build up then a ball lobbed in for Haaland we've got no chance. We need to move the ball faster, and get some pacey wingers who can get to the byline and put some decent crosses in.

no wonder why pep has dropped foden for last 7 games…. mr big head!!!! living on hat trick against rags….

None of that starting 11 should be anywhere near the team that starts Saturday ,and that includes Foden,Walker,Cancelo and Gundogan,fucking awful,and Palmer is nowhere near close enough,and that Gomez is a league one player at best

The football is boring. It's as boring as me typing it's boring when we've won 4 out of 5 premier league's but it is boring. We're boring to watch. It's boring.
Whatever we had in Pep's previous seasons we have lost. What has happened to passing sides off the pitch, opening teams up with intricate movement and slick passing because at the moment this football is fucking tripe.

What’s pep playing at? That back four tonight! And then saying he’s got some mad ideas for the derby! Is he taking the piss? Seems to have thrown his toys out the pram since leeds and “bowing“ to fan pressure for the line up

Well done to Southampton, had a plan and it worked. But I think that me, you and a used johnny would have beaten that city side tonight.

Absolutely furious at our lack of concentration and application. So many misplaced passes, our game never stood a chance.

Gomes, Cancelo, Walker, Phillips.... All shocking.

Clear to me, unfortunately, that we need to bring someone in to compete this season. We have no left back. We have a right winger who can play at left back, a centre back who will play there just to get a game, and a league 2 quality midfielder who shits his pants faster than sammy shittypants at the pant shitting Olympics.

At least our starting eleven for the derby picks itself:

GK: Not Ortega
DR: Not Cancelo
DCR: Not Walker
DCL: Not Laporte
DL: Never Gomes
DM: Not Phillips

And so on....

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.