Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup | Post Match Thread

Cancelo’s head has gone and Gomez has proved he isn’t good enough. I said the other day we needed to see what the craic was with him, now we know - ship him out to a CFG club and buy a fucking left back, otherwise we are going to struggle.
No point splashing out buying a LB and playing him as a midfielder mate. It’s fukin bonkers.

The Derby game earlier this season was the best 70 mins of football I think I have ever seen…..but we stopped playing for the last 20 and I don’t think Pep has ever picked the same side again (realise Walker has been injured)

I really think the constant rotation has caused some of the issues ( Dias is a shadow of himself)

We seem so short of pace and energy ( except against a crap Chelsea on Sunday when the press was fantastic) but the real problem is our lack of creativity In midfield.

From the Mancini days up until last season our midfield was the best bar none but not anymore.

The United decline started with their midfield…..we can’t fall into the same trap.

We're in a poor run of form yes and I'm not even going to talk about tonight. However if there is a team and manager that can go out on Saturday and smash the rags and then go on an unbeaten run to win the title it's us, we have done that sort of thing many times. Draw a line in the sand, forget about tonight and look forward to beating them lot on Saturday in a game that actually matters
The worry is that apart from Liverpool and Chelsea at home in the cups we haven't played well since the start of October. We have reverted to typical City!

Credit to Southampton they wanted it more and came with a set up to get at us and exploited our poor performances from Gomez, Phillips, Cancelo (again), Walker and Gundogan and they deserved their win.

Watching the reaction to the result has made me chuckle. People want Palmer to play, Foden in the middle, Alvarez and others and they did and all were poor. We have many a player out of form at the minute they aren't the only culprits and no excuse for that performance but there's a reason they're all on the bench and that's why.

Onto the Derby may be the kick up the ass we needed.

There are going to be a few players running on empty come the end of the season
If we are going to win even the league the likes of rodri silva kdb are going to have to play every single game
The back up is lacking
Cancelo no. Gomes no. Phillips no.
Laporte, grealish gundog 50/50

Walker though you watch both goals if he actually closed down and slid in to block the ball they’d be no goals but Gomes shit pass and Philips shit pass got us turned!

gomez was superb v chelsea, philips had to start sometime but surely pep couldn't in his wildest dreams think he was that shit, granted walker was out of position but for the rest of the team, no excuses it's on them!
Agreed, Phillips wont succeed at City, he doesnt have what it takes.I thought Gomez was poor againts Chelsea, it was clear from his first few appearances that he wasnt at the right level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.