Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup | Post Match Thread

Shockin tonight,actually got outplayed,zero rythym,was same last week chels away,if we turn up sat like that we will get done,but if was gonna go out of anythin wud of bin that,got major games comin up,and wud of added double header against geordies inbetween arsenal h,an spurs a
Also final wud of bin inbetween leipzig game,think weve dodged a bullet if bein honest,but yess that was a fuckin terrible performance,we litterally just can get goin

Whilst I agree with most of what you say Indo believe that the slow approach we take to the start of most games is down to Pep. A number of people have said on here you can tell how a game.will go within the first 10 mins. That has to come from Pep. When we start nonchalantly passing the ball from side to side we almost lull ourselves to sleep. I think it then becomes hard to up the pace with any level of accuracy in passing or forward play.
The lack of goals in the first 15 minutes was mentioned in commentary. Last season City were the top team for early goals, clearly something has changed. Perhaps teams have learnt to give maximum energy and effort to prevent our early threats. Or perhaps Pep has revised his tactics, for whatever reason!

He seems massively prone to introspection to me and that fuck up at Anfield seems to have destroyed his confidence. He’s so bad at the moment Pep can’t even really play him out of the slump. He’s going to have to snap himself out of it and quickly.
Not sure if things off the pitch have helped as well.

Who knows but what a wonderful goal, Had KDB scored it would you have blamed the Southampton goalie, or said that was a worldie ??
Come on be totally honest ... if you have the balls. ;)
No doubt from me it was a superb finish, but avoidable. Same as the first goal, a brilliant finish but fuck me we handed it them on a plate.

This is nuts.

Are you completely "in the zone" all the time? I mean and that's you NOT in a team relying on others to work with you? It's a season of football where we don't smash teams 4 and 5 nils all the time, therefore leading to draws and losses.

It's FOOTBALL!!

What's wrong with fans and flapping?

It's a marathon, not a sprint.
It's got nothing to do with it being a marathon, a sprint or an egg and spoon race.

The a simple fact is we have not played well for the majority of the season.

I think the team lacks real 'tough' character tbh. We don't seem to mix it when needed like previous years (Tevez, De Jong, Bellamy, Kompany, Dhino even). Peps approach to games has defo changed this season we seem so slow and laboured. Is he working his ticket??
Dias fits that mould. But you could also argue that we won a lot less with those characters. I think Haaland could fit that mould. We are in a third generation team transition at the moment and have been for the last 2 years. My friends and people I work with laugh when I suggest it, but it is true!

That doesn't really change things. You still only get 3 windows to make subs. Same as last season. For example 1+1+1 and this seaon could be 2+1+2 players entering the pitch as a sub.

It's the 5 fresh legs that are making it harder for us.
Fair enough but 2 takes long than one and the windows can be timed to disrupt

The lack of goals in the first 15 minutes was mentioned in commentary. Last season City were the top team for early goals, clearly something has changed. Perhaps teams have learnt to give maximum energy and effort to prevent our early threats. Or perhaps Pep has revised his tactics, for whatever reason!

Something has changed, teams since Brentford have figured the low block of 5 and flooding the midfield restricts is early in games. It's something we need to figure out as Brentford, Everton and Southampton have all had success against us doing it. If we score early it opens it up, but teams are setting out to hold us for the the first 15-20 minutes and growing into games and it's working.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.