Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup | Post Match Thread

We have blown hot and cold all season, you could see after 10 minutes that it was a cold one.

Forget the CL lets hope we can at least try to defend the PL crown.
Forget the Champs League? Are you mad?

Would any of those flapping like a tap dancers fanny on here be saying the same if we were sitting top of the league ?
Probably not. My concern is not tonights game. United was the last game i can remember that we destroyed the opposition. The team is struggling in most matches now.

It will either go 1 of 2 ways. Get our shit together or continue to play like crap. We have hit a bump in the road, its not the end of the world after a hughly successful spell. Changes need made to the playing staff. we have not been the same team since we lost fast wingers and Dave. We have also lost legends.

We might need to adjust expectations and accept we have dropped a level or we are genuinely going through a rut and will come out of it at some point. This Saturday would be nice!

What colour did we play in tonight if people are saying it was a clash with Southampton? They play in red/white don’t they? I understood our third kit is that horrible sickly greeny/yellow with a black sort of stripe?

Losing games playing well is fine, but the disjointed soulless football we're playing at the moment is not.
Soulless football ? You mean one really bad performance after about 100 games ? Again mate , if we had beaten Brentford , we could actually have gone top if we beat United on Saturday, Southampton put in a shift , and if they had played like that all season they’d be top six. We had a bad day at the office. We play United , Spurs , and Wolves within 8 days from Saturday , the players know it , the manager knows it. All I will say is we obviously lack quality depth in the squad and it showed tonight.

When do the players cop heat for playing that way? Surely there's enough talent there if they see a opening to try and seize it despite what the instructions are, or create them.

For me tonight's result is on the players on the pitch. From what Pep said they didn't prepare well and they got what they deserved. Pep isn't perfect but the players were woeful.
Surely It’s his job to prepare them .!

Two foul throw ins from two different players is disgraceful. Sums up our performance tonight. We've been worse but not for a while.
Keep the faith
Beat the Rags
#Together CTID

Pep is trying to keep all the players rotated and fresh ahead of our assault on the Champs League, I do think though he’s underestimated how badly affected our form and confidence would be by his constant tinkering. It started before the World Cup with his rotation of the centre halves and has continued now with full team rotation, players are bereft of any sort of form and look like strangers. Even Haaland has lost his smile.

Hopefully it pays dividends but we have a tough run over the next few weeks before the Champs starts again and we need to get back to winning ways asap.

Not good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.