Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup | Post Match Thread

I hope I am wrong but Phillips is a mature player not a kid. Let's just sign Bellingham.

Fair enough, but bear in mind if you've come from a barely surviving team to the top pier, it doesn't matter how "mature" you are, it's gonna difficult if you've never played in a team of 'world class' calibre.

That's Grealish's issue as well.

What colour did we play in tonight if people are saying it was a clash with Southampton? They play in red/white don’t they? I understood our third kit is that horrible sickly greeny/yellow with a black sort of stripe?
Yep that one.

On TV it was hard to tell players apart, but I think that was the least of the issues on the pitch.

Picking a shit team however......

Still pissed off. All I can think is they just threw this competition in order to concentrate on the other trophies, but then, why go out like that after knocking out Chelsea and the dippers??
We might as well throw the FA Cup as well cos we end up playing a weak team in the semi if we get to the CL quarters and end up going out with a whimper at Wembley

I am sorry but that was really poor. The team & squad look light in WC characters and players. Fernandinho, David Silva, Aguero, Kompany, yaya, zaba, sane it just don’t seem the same connection at the moment.

And who are the big boys?

For me it's still Rags - beat Chelsea - beat, Arse ? Spuds ?

Geordies are the surprise package and everyone says we were lucky to get away with 3 -3 when really we should have gone 2 nil up which has been forgotten.

Throw in 3 Cup wins against Chelsea and Dippers over the last month.

It's a weird season, not even half way through the League campaign and Cup games every other week which are now accepted as games to rotate in.
The WC has fucked everyone's season up and tbh the crooks at FIFA should have subsidised domestic footy ticket prices for all this fucking about we are having to endure. The situation is being manipulated to get "live footy"on the box every friggen night of the week, no going back and this will become the norm!

I don't think it will settle down until March and onwards to the season end. That is when we will show our metal!

In fairness, I, like you, had also completely forgotten about playing Liverpool away. Probably wrong to say big boys in hindsight. In terms of form & performances though, I don't think we've played that well or at least not had a full 90. Even with spanking some of the teams at the start of the season. Ah well, if there's a time to go on a run, it's now

So you don’t think the WC has made any difference to our rhythm pre and post WC? The Brentford game was THE game that pissed on our short term chips.Our biggest cock up was sellling Zin IMO , what a balls up that was !

Agreed on all counts. If Gomez is a left back then I'm the Pope.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.