Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup QF - Wed 11th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck it, we've got this general reputation up and down the country of being paranoid, so it seems, as supporters.
But I look on the BBC website, and there is not one fucking dickiebird about the fact that there are two quarter-finals of a domestic cup taking place this evening.
Compare with last night.
Instead, we are apprised of the fact, nearly 24 hours after the (non) event, that Rashford scored two goals.
Oh and we also learn the vital news that a female tennis player is pregnant. Even were I more interested in tennis than I am, I could not actually give a toss about what seems to me a personal affair. Fine for her and everything, but I'm amazed that it's the top story, or even that it's on that page at all.
You could not make this stuff up.
The BBC switch to the evening programme at 7pm if KO is 8pm. Try then and there should be something.

Interesting. This is contrary to Peps comments about getting minutes into players’ legs ahead of the Derby. If KDB and Erling don’t get on tonight that’s two games they will have been sat on the bench. Maybe it’s all part of Pep’s ”ridiculous“ plan.
I think it applies differently for certain players, as I’ve just said imagine bringing them both on for the last 30 when Saints’ legs have tired if for example it’s still level, and that way they’ve only played 30 and not potentially playing 90.

Fuck it, we've got this general reputation up and down the country of being paranoid, so it seems, as supporters.
But I look on the BBC website, and there is not one fucking dickiebird about the fact that there are two quarter-finals of a domestic cup taking place this evening.
Compare with last night.
Instead, we are apprised of the fact, nearly 24 hours after the (non) event, that Rashford scored two goals.
Oh and we also learn the vital news that a female tennis player is pregnant. Even were I more interested in tennis than I am, I could not actually give a toss about what seems to me a personal affair. Fine for her and everything, but I'm amazed that it's the top story, or even that it's on that page at all.
Same this afternoon on the press sites.. nowt down in the Mail, Mirror and Express footy pages, while the one article in the Guardian touches on tonight's game as part of an article on Pep's handling of Philips/'Fatgate'. Compare and contrast with yesterday's build up articles ahead of The Red Filth's tie.

We've grown used to this garbage treatment from the venal, partial UK press over the past 15 years.

But if I were a Saints, Wolves or Forest supporter I'd be steaming.

What an insult to those fellow football lovers, seeing their teams' biggest cup games for ages ignored in favour of 'click bait' offered by some ex-player's cretinous pondering about his ex-Red shirt club or Ronaldo's latest addition to his list of overpriced luxury cars..

What a world..

Compare with last night.
Actually to those that follow tennis Osaka being pregnant is a relevant news story. The 4 time grand slam champion inexplicably withdrew from the Australian Open earlier this week, the announcement explains why!

Can never decide if Kev plays best when he’s playing regularly or after a rest.

Just always seems to be rusty after a couple games off yet somehow also looks like he needs a rest at the same time.

Same this afternoon on the press sites.. nowt down in the Mail, Mirror and Express footy pages, while the one article in the Guardian touches on tonight's game as part of an article on Pep's handling of Philips/'Fatgate'. Compare and contrast with yesterday's build up articles ahead of The Red Filth's tie.

We've grown used to this garbage treatment from the venal, partial UK press over the past 15 years.

But if I were a Saints, Wolves or Forest supporter I'd be steaming.

What an insult to those fellow football lovers, seeing their teams' biggest cup games for ages ignored in favour of 'click bait' offered by some ex-player's cretinous pondering about his ex-Red shirt club or Ronaldo's latest addition to his list of overpriced luxury cars..

What a world..
I am surprised that there is anything else to report other than Gareth Bale’s retirement. He effectively retired after ending his loan spell with Spurs, so it was hardly earth shattering news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.