Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup QF - Wed 11th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's working out quite nicely though?

We're playing all the big hitters in December/January and leaving easier matches in March/April when we've got the CL knockouts.

Maximum of 10 PL clubs in the 5th round of the FA Cup, and with a bit of luck Arsenal, Newcastle, Chelsea and Liverpool will be among the clubs knocked out - 4 of our ~6 realistic competitors.
If we actually get through these tough knockout games then it’s kind of the only situation that makes a quadruple possible in this country. Not saying we’re going to do it as I don’t think we’re playing well enough often enough. But thinning the draw out early is the only way it can realistically be achieved as it might avoid the situation where we have to throw an FA Cup semi final because of the CL. We might be able to still progress whilst rotating heavily.

I'd rather get Newcastle over two legs than the rags. I'm confident we could play the rags off the park at Wembley but I think Newcastle could cause us more problems in a one off.

Good away pubs for Southampton please .
Ta
Im over now with my Son from
Belfast.
I asked the same question a few days ago and got a few private replies ( thanks all )

Standing order ( weatherspoons ) and Yates were the main replies I got.

Must be gettig old though as I’m currently in ikea having meatballs and diam bar cake lol

Apart from the 1-0 at their place during lockdown (when Ed was miles off his line, God knows why), we haven't lost to these for yonks. They're also in a dreadful mindset at present.
Sure, it's a quarter-final, they'll try their luck, as why shouldn't they.

Just Do it, City.

I remember the game but don't think it was FA Cup. Che Adams lobbed Ederson from near the half way line if that's the game you're thinking of.

Was in Lockdown and I remember it being on bbc too, but then if it was in the league not sure how they would've had the tv right. idk haha
Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.