Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup QF - Wed 11th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No KDB in the derby? Lol
I'd hope that him playing for 30+ mins (at his best) would be better than 90 mins.

If played as a forward (as he has a bit recently), I'd prefer the energy of Alvarez to start the game.
If played as a midfielder, I'd prefer Bernardo again for his energy.

But I'd be shocked if Pep didn't start him. If he does, I hope Alvarez and Bernardo also start (so Foden or Mahrez would be the ones to drop out).

I actually don't remember. Last time we played Southampton in the FA Cup was 2007 and we beat them 3-1. Last time we played them in the FA Cup before that was 1960 and we lost 5-1. Funnily enough, our first ever game against Southampton in 1910 was in the FA Cup.
We played them last year in the FA cup at their place beating them 4-1.

Just been on the Toon forums and they’re saying the same. They want one of those two but know they won’t get them.

They want united. That’s how low the rags are now.

Would love to play the rags in a final at Wembley. It would be carnage but it would be amazing to beat them there. I was saying at work the other day, it will surely be rigged for policing so we play each other in the semi final though. Got to get past Southampton first of course!

I'd actually fancy Newcastle more against us or the rags than against Wolves/Forest. Both of those clubs will be just as desperate to get to Wembley and so they'll lose some of that added fight/determination which they'd have over us and the rags to some degree as we'd make changes still. Their fans would be bang up for it of course, but they'd be nervous as hell if they were close to making it with 20mins left! On course for some decent semi finals either way which is good for the competition.

united are in a good run of form just now, i reckon they'd beat newcastle over 2 legs if i'm honest.
They have beaten Championship side Burnley, PL relegation candidates Nottingham, Wolves, Bournemouth & Everton, and recently mid table League One side Charlton. Sure you can only beat whats infront of you, and we just lost points to Everton ourselves. But they have not beaten a top half PL side since October so hopefully they will get humbled as soon as they face a team thats not fighting for relegation (or lower). Most likely that will happen in just 3 days.

Last edited:
Would love to play the rags in a final at Wembley. It would be carnage but it would be amazing to beat them there. I was saying at work the other day, it will surely be rigged for policing so we play each other in the semi final though. Got to get past Southampton first of course!

I'd actually fancy Newcastle more against us or the rags than against Wolves/Forest. Both of those clubs will be just as desperate to get to Wembley and so they'll lose some of that added fight/determination which they'd have over us and the rags to some degree as we'd make changes still. Their fans would be bang up for it of course, but they'd be nervous as hell if they were close to making it with 20mins left! On course for some decent semi finals either way which is good for the competition.
Newcastle won’t be desperate to get to Wembley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.