Southampton (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

7-C3-BD9-FD-F01-E-4-E4-A-87-A5-E047-B18-CF01-A.jpg

In the end, great performance and result.
Haaland's bicycle kick goahas me on my fee in the Ipswicpub, roaring alone - as usual! And, has any team EVER seen a game out like City do?
We can still win the league - another 5 or 6 against Leicester next week - we just need to keep that pressure on. Foden to come back yet - more gravy!
Come on you Mickeys!!!

Don't know if this is the right thread, but how long can Kev go on? He is so essential to our play?

He didn't have the best first half but still managed to put it on a plate for Valhalla's finest to power it in. Second half, time for angry Kevin, was everywhere even at the dog end of the match, real inspiration.

He clearly needs to have his game time managed, and for the remainder, Bernie and Gundo can take up some of the strain.

Chances are, though, that they'll both be gone in the summer. What's the succession plan? I don't necessarily see Bellingham in the creator role. Is there anyone who can double for Rodri/Kev/Guns/Bernie?!?

Not writing off the ginger prince, but we do need an eye on the future.
We are in safe hands

Upped the speed of our game in the second half which was needed, but the first half was lazy and a bit half-arsed until about 40 mins. Some great passing from KDB but even he was a bit wayward in the first 20 mins, but the goals were excellent. Haaland's second....christ....unreal technique.

Only one thing worries me. Saw it last week against Liverpool when Grealish had to sprint back to stop Salah's breakaway and it happened a couple of times today as well....we leave ourselves absolutely wide open on our own corners. Nobody seems to patrol the halfway line for the punt upfield and teams of a higher ability than Southampton (or Liverpool this season) will race away and punish us.

The Stones-in-midfield plan didn't really work today which is a shame, but at least we changed it and looked all the better for going to a normal back four.

But a great result for a potential banana skin fixture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.