Southampton (A) Post Match Thread

Well as it happens I never went on the pre- match Blue Insa so I'll pmsl as well hey....

It appears you didn't so apologies but you did grace and i use the word loosely, the match day thread.

Enjoy our 11th away win of the season, i know I will.

Michael Ballack was reported to say that Sane would make a good Pep style left back. Well, if Navas can do it, Sane will do it in his sleep..food for thought

Meanwhile, I salute the comeback kid, our very own Captain Fantastic, Mr Vincent Kompany..
No thanks, unlike Navas, Sané is lethal in and around the area. Bit of a waste to station him so far from goal.

Michael Ballack was reported to say that Sane would make a good Pep style left back. Well, if Navas can do it, Sane will do it in his sleep..food for thought

Meanwhile, I salute the comeback kid, our very own Captain Fantastic, Mr Vincent Kompany..
I wonder who has been pushing this idea on the transfer forum. ;)

Ballack has been reading my work :)

I dont buy into believing something and then trying to convince myself its true.

I simply want the evidence to show it. I don't ascribe everything good happening to the presence of Kompany. Especially in light of the fact that these conditions have been seen before in his absence.

He won us the game with his goal. So I ascribe the win to him. But our defense looked like it often has. With or without Kompany. So no. I don't think "the belief" that Kompany makes a difference, has been proven.

"The evidence" has been there to see all through Vinny's career at City, our greatest ever central defender. Look how assured, how aggresive he was today, and that's with virtually no match practice. He's still our best defender, just pray we can keep him fit, if we can there's another season or two left in him.

The twat of a ref has been let off the hook as it didn't matter in the end

But he's still an incompetent wanker and I hope the club have made a note of yet another scandalous injustice

Penalty aside - maybe it was an honest mistake - his failure to show yellow cards for a couple of fouls from behind today was astounding.

Bravo would be getting loads of shit if he'd let in a header like Komps goal I thought Forster's attempt to save was dreadful.
What is your point exactly? Every player has to earn the fan's respect, Forster has done that and will be allowed the odd mistake, bravo hasn't and until (or if) he does he will not be allowed any mistakes. Just ask joe corrigan (I assume you are old enough to remember him?)

I thought the tackle on Aguero was worse than it looked....it looked deliberate and malicious to me

3F47AF3000000578-0-image-a-24_1492277941211.jpg

Well as it happens I never went on the pre- match Blue Insa so I'll pmsl as well hey....

You're one of the biggest flappers on here. A selection of the immeasurable bullshit you have subjected this forum to in just the last ten days alone:

I am pretty confident that if there is a way of screwing it up then City will achieve it.

Its as though Pep is quietly happy to lose

Pep has sowed the seeds of the idea of a trophyless season and its now an established fact. Clever bastard.

How come Pelligrini was handed an ultimatum of a trophy a Season as bare minimum but Pep gets cut slack.
Pep appears to be learning very little about the EPL, he is no longer motivating a squad past its sell by date.
He needs to show that his vaunted reputation is earned by his skill as a Coach not just the good fortune of colliding with a wealth of fresh Barcelona talent.

"The evidence" has been there to see all through Vinny's career at City, our greatest ever central defender. Look how assured, how aggresive he was today, and that's with virtually no match practice. He's still our best defender, just pray we can keep him fit, if we can there's another season or two left in him.
Evidence this season. Not historically. I think he's last game was his best for us in years. He was clumsy and looked lost a few times early in this game.

When I don't agree with overblown comments, it doesn't mean I don't appreciate Kompany or think he is great. I do. But that has no bearing on how I'd judge his present performance.

The truth is our defense has been pretty stingy for a while now. The narrative that he came in and made it solid is just "TV storyline" stuff. Cool but often incorrect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.