Southampton (A) Post Match Thread

We're too soft. Ferguson (spit!!) would have been ranting about it even after a 3-0 win

It's all about putting pressure on the officials otherwise it'll happen time after time and they know it will go unmentioned
Unless, of course, we DO complain about it, and get fined for "failing to control our players"!

Heads you lose, tails you lose.

I've slated him a couple of times but fair play to Navas he caused two of our goals today, first off having a shot from distance which we don't do enough, then his good work at right back. Good work from the lad today!
Well I don't think he's anyone's favourite on here and that includes me. But fair play to him, he worked hard and he at least has some pace and talent. Honestly anything is an improvement on Sagna as today demonstrates.

Evidence this season. Not historically. I think he's last game was his best for us in years. He was clumsy and looked lost a few times early in this game.

When I don't agree with overblown comments, it doesn't mean I don't appreciate Kompany or think he is great. I do. But that has no bearing on how I'd judge his present performance.

The truth is our defense has been pretty stingy for a while now. The narrative that he came in and made it solid is just "TV storyline" stuff. Cool but often incorrect.

Even if Company actually makes little difference ( I feel he does ) why not have the media big him up and psychologically affect opponents with thought of coming up against him? He is fully capable of backing up what is said about him as well. We need to strike fear into our opponents and having the sort of aura Company brings is pretty valuable.

Vinnie is a special special player. Otamendi looks a better player with Vinnie directing operations. Notice how the full backs tend to be better positioned when he plays. No coincidence.

Kompany MoM but Navas ran him close (literally).
Navas hasn been excellent in that position. I hope Guardiola tries to keep him because ever since he's played in that position he has put in some great displays.

Southampton were very poor. I expected a really tough game but they were so negative. Kompany was brilliant. Written off so many times, it's great to see him back.

Players make managers. If Kompany had been fit, we all know the season would have been very different.

Good that Bravo got a clean sheet. Important for the team that the keeper grows in confidence

You would take a ref watching over Sane who was there?

Are you suggesting Sane doesn't know the rules?

There was a guy who thought I was a rag for seeing the tip. Wonder if he thinks Sane is also undercover. :-)

Couldn't give a fuck if Sane knew the rules or not I take Poll over Sane in a refereeing decision all day long.

It's a Pen

Evidence this season. Not historically. I think he's last game was his best for us in years. He was clumsy and looked lost a few times early in this game.

When I don't agree with overblown comments, it doesn't mean I don't appreciate Kompany or think he is great. I do. But that has no bearing on how I'd judge his present performance.

The truth is our defense has been pretty stingy for a while now. The narrative that he came in and made it solid is just "TV storyline" stuff. Cool but often incorrect.

Who out of Stones, Otamendi and Kolarov are better Centre Backs, than a fit Kompany?

Would I take a ref watching several slow motion replays from various angles of a player that sees it once at running speed? Of course.
The player didn't see it once he was in the middle of it. Either way what this statement by Sane suggests is that I was right in claiming it was debatable. Clearly if Sane the player involved didn't think it was a pen and an official using video clips thought it was, then the one thing we can conclude with absolute certititude is that it was a debatable call.

Which was my original position. I always find it strange when I get flack for holding a pretty tame position. Saying I thought it was debatable shouldn't have garnered as much flack as it did. Certainly not accusations of being blind or a rag :)

Couldn't give a fuck if Sane knew the rules or not I take Poll over Sane in a refereeing decision all day long.

It's a Pen
I thought it was a penalty, Sané might not have realised how close the ball stayed to him after what was a very minor touch by Forster. Either that or he's just adjusted his view on what constitutes a penalty after seeing some of the ones we've been denied this season...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.