Southampton (A) Post Match Thread

Could Zinchenko be the player to take on Fernandinho's position when he leaves/retires?
That is actually a very good question. It would be so very easy to say no simply due to him not being any better than Delph at left back but that would be unfair i think. I would need to see more of Zinchenko with that idea in mind to be honest bud.

Whereas you've never once posted when we win and if you are indeed a fan then only coming on here when we lose tells a different story.
Never a blue as long as I got a hole in my arse.
Season ticket holder and been going since 1977. I'm not getting into who's a bigger blue argument cos it's obviously you. Happy new year.

Last edited:
That is actually a very good question. It would be so very easy to say no simply due to him not being any better than Delph at left back but that would be unfair i think. I would need to see more of Zinchenko with that idea in mind to be honest bud.

He would need to brush up on his ball retention around the centre, near the goal ;-)

Regarding Zinchenko, afik he is a midfielder.
Ok, yesterday he made a couple of mistakes,
one of which led to a goal unfortunately.
But instead of crumbling, which could have happened, he managed to regain his composure and played well until the end of the game.
This lad has got courage, self belief and a desire to play amongst some of the best
players in the world. (Remember before the season started when instead of allowing himself to be moved elsewhere, he fought to stay?)
He played through a wobble yesterday and that took guts.
Fernandinho is a leader and a protector on the field, with another couple of seasons under his belt, the guidance of Fern and the addition of a bit more bulk, I believe that Zinchenko could be a contender to take his position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.