Southampton (A) Post Match Thread

I've come to the conclusion that the governing bodies of the sport realise that the game is far too quick these days for one Whistling Wanker and Two Flag Wavers, plus some Board Geezer on the side to correctly call the shots. Introduce VAR and that incident doesn't get a showing. I cannot help but think that they want a system of VAR that basically replicates much of the shit that we have now but they will have gone through the slo-mo video, with the assistance of HMP Walton and that master logician Danny Murphy, and will be sitting on the high moral ground saying that the ref got it right in the first place, or that the ref has got it right with the assistance of VAR. Same shit, different system. And I am convinced the whole VAR 'industry' will be packed with Dippers and Rags!

I see Murphy already positioning himself for next year if he's on the VAR panel in thinking that Delph's tackle was a straight red.

own up, who was the bossman at the front of the away end on his own with the red bodywarmer who was dancing like a total legend

I asked on match day thread but anyone know the song city fans were singing ? I don’t have the time stamp but it sounded like zinko’s should song .
Anyone ?

Could Zinchenko be the player to take on Fernandinho's position when he leaves/retires?

I don’t think Pep has tried him in that position yet. Either Pep has seen enough in training to believe he can’t do it or he already has a successor in mind (either in-house or incoming!).

I would like to see him given the chance to play in a midfield role rather than the constrained full back role which isn’t his natural position.
He looks more than capable when playing midfield for his country.

The upcoming cup games would be a good opportunity to see if it works !
CTID

I don’t think Pep has tried him in that position yet. Either Pep has seen enough in training to believe he can’t do it or he already has a successor in mind (either in-house or incoming!).

I would like to see him given the chance to play in a midfield role rather than the constrained full back role which isn’t his natural position.
He looks more than capable when playing midfield for his country.

The upcoming cup games would be a good opportunity to see if it works !
CTID
Physical he is not the ideal player to play on that position but he is still young and hopeful if he adds meat to his bone .

Not botherd about Austin's v to the crowd,i remember Mick McCarthy giving it to Platt Lane in a City shirt.Now, some of the tackles we seem to be attracting again.............................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.