Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

Best thing to say about that was that it was disjointed in the extreme

Too many players had off days........

Zinchenko had a mare most of the game and in most things he did.

One thing that stands out again is that Jesus isnt enough of a goal threat. There are lots of well documented positives about him and what he brings to the team but in one very important aspect (being a goal scorer) he just doesnt threaten and that for the future is a huge concern.

however lots were off their game today and its easier to ame the players that had a good game (Cancello, Ederson, Ferna)

I don’t think we were as bad as most seem to think. We just couldn’t finish and Southampton’s defending was either really lucky or fantastic. But we still make too many mistakes at the back and fernandinho looked like somebody who hasn’t played CM for 12 months.

Thoughts for you to sleep on.
1. We've suffered 9 defeats this season. Wolves have seven, Arsenal and the rags have 8.
2. Southampton conceded 9 to Leicester last autumn.
This this and this all day long
Fucking clueless

No impact on our league position or season but did show up some of the problems we’ve had this season.

The main issue of course was another defence slip leading to a goal. It’s happened so much this season and I can see why we still want a left back on top of a centre back. Zinchenko isn’t good enough even as back up.

Some will find this hard to take but Jesus isn’t a top tier striker (or close) when played down the middle. He does great when asked to work hard and close down space like vs Madrid but anything else and he lacks a true threatening presence.

Im not overly concerned because I know the club is already working to correct these issues in the transfer market and with our best XI out I’m confident we will perform much better in the cups.

Foden chomping at the bit, and he rests him.
pissed off after thursdays result, rotation has cost us almost every every loss this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.