Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

Good spell for 15-20 minutes in 1st half. Decent spell in the 2nd half. Bringing on KdB and Foden backfired. And that was about it. Not a lot to get excited about.

Typical for our season. And I don’t care if we have 98% of the ball. Teams let us have it. And we lack the individual creativity that sometimes you need to break open defences with 11 men.

Bit frustrated I guess because I know we can do a lot better than this.

Best thing to say about that was that it was disjointed in the extreme

Too many players had off days........

Zinchenko had a mare most of the game and in most things he did.

One thing that stands out again is that Jesus isnt enough of a goal threat. There are lots of well documented positives about him and what he brings to the team but in one very important aspect (being a goal scorer) he just doesnt threaten and that for the future is a huge concern.

however lots were off their game today and its easier to ame the players that had a good game (Cancello, Ederson, Ferna)

Fernandinho was appalling.

One of those days that we have suffered too many times in the league this season.

It does hack me off when we lose the ball stupidly in our own half but you can't legislate for some kid that can't score braking his duck like that.

26 shots and no goals is just ridiculous. We have to buy a clinical forward in the summer.

Not our day today unfortunately but it happens,I have personally lose count of the games weve played in the past and more recently where we have dominated after a Crazy giveaway goal to the opposition
Yes its 9 defeats but it's not cause for concern as this Season is finished or was a while ago as we know
The only thing that got my Back up was Shearer just before the End of the half time break
He smugly announced City would get Punished (By UEFA)
Hes a nasty git

Credit to Southampton, a great performance defensively and could have scored a couple on the counter. Zinchenko's error cost us that game unfortunately, gave them something to defend and our frustration seeped into our attack. Jesus being made the scapegoat is ludicrous, one of our better players. People seem to be inventing misses, the keeper pulled off a worldie from him and he had no chance from Cancelo's cross first half.

Danny Murphy makes me want to eat lead.

A typical City defeat. We are creating chances, but again it has been a frustrating performance where we did everything everything but score.

Dear txiki

offer your balls for kaoulibaly, alaba, mmmboppy, messi, ronaldihno, eusebio, maldini, zico, van basten, baresi....I’ll even throw In a few quid in myself.

love axlgod.

Abysmal
9 defeats with that squad we have is totally bewildering and unforgivable.
I can foresee another 2 or 3 by the end to leave it as double digits. We've lost more games than the Rags and Arsenal who have been atrocious.
Said it in the match thread we wouldn't score if we played until Christmas and was proved right.
Personally I think were flat track bullies this season, we cant hack teams who put in a shift against us and work hard.
We wont win anything else this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.