Southampton (A) - Post Match Thread

The last thing I fucking do is thrive on dropped ponts, believe me. Peps record when we go behind is poor no matter the opposition. Its the slow build up that kills us which usually results in the ball being turned over and next thing it's in our net. A point was the most that performance deserved, first half was excruciating to watch. Second half better but again it took a defender to bring parity.
Yes, you do, don’t remember a single bit of praise for us when we win.

76 pages in 4 hours after an away draw against a team who have a habit of turning up in big games. Pathetic stuff, everyone. Well done.

Definitely not entitled mate but we just seemed to lack a level of professionalism and quality tonight?
We were off our game slightly and seemed a bit sloppy in the first half it happens, don’t think you can crticise this teams professionalism. Southampton worked very hard and defended well, they raised their game as they often seem to against us.

Such a victim mentality which I hate.
Not really "a victim mentality" just my observation of how we are refereed (and var'd), I've no doubt that a "red shirt" team would have been "helped" today with a red card for the tackle/assault on Laporte after a var review (and quite probably given a penalty for the one on KdB).

Incidentally at the time I didn't think it (Laporte) was any more than a yellow, but after seeing 30 replays, there is only one conclusion, it's a clear and obvious error, and that is the point of all these replays, to get the decision correct.

Before var I wouldn't have been bothered by it, but they brought var in, despite the fact I didn't (and still don't) want it. So if we are going to have it, then use it for what its intended for.

Not for me, looks far far worse in slow motion, Real time shows it for what it is and the players didn't seem to think it was that bad either which is generally a decent indicator. He's gone for the ball and was just late, there's very little danger in that. Can't be sending people off for things like that imo.
Look at his twitter feed to see if it was “worse in slow motion”

We here again? If they was going to stop us it would have started at Arsenal, or maybe the pen against wolves, or maybe the awarding of a pen to newcastle to get them back in the game? Let’s wind it in now. Of course you can come back and say things that should have gone for us and maybe didn’t. The fact is if they had a plan to stop us, it wouldn’t have started today.
Depends on what story they want to tell.

image the headline “liverpool claw back impossible gap to pip City on the last weekend of the season “

got to have a big gap in the first place, whilst maintaining some level of interest so that bookies dont pay out too early

We here again? If they was going to stop us it would have started at Arsenal, or maybe the pen against wolves, or maybe the awarding of a pen to newcastle to get them back in the game? Let’s wind it in now. Of course you can come back and say things that should have gone for us and maybe didn’t. The fact is if they had a plan to stop us, it wouldn’t have started today.

your missing the point about cheating in the premier league with the officials.
if like you say they would have done it many games before today well it would be easy to spot and flag it up.
they are very clever in not over doing it. even making it look like we are benefiting from the officials.

the gap is 12 points but liverpool 2 games in hand and they win them takes it back to 6 points. so taking 2 points off city today helps. its clearly a red card. the foul on KDB was on the line meaning pen clearly shown on tv

like i said its easy to hide because the control seems to be on losing ? but 2 points dropped is just as bad
yes the pen still needed to be put away if it was awarded ? yes you don't want to see red cards being flashed
but sorry both are nailed on given to united or liverpool if it was in there game

looking at the rest of the season i do fear the officials taking over and controlling the gap and stopping us running away with the title ? what was that quote from the head of the premier league at the time ? nobody wants to see manchester city running away with the title ?? funny they never said that when united was doing it for 20 seasons

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.