Southampton (A) | Post Match Thread

You ask how we could compete vs better teams, and then you say it must have been 6:1. Well, how many teams could beat Southampton 6:1 at their ground? Or "just" 4:1.

We weren't brilliant between the 1st and the 2nd-goal, but (1) we were without several players (Ederson, Dias, Bernardo, Mahrez, Foden), and (2) the motivation against teams like Liverpool or Bayern will be through the roof. Southampton are good, but this City team has won so much, it struggles at times vs teams like Palace and Southampton for a reason. We have dropped 17 pts so far, 9 from them against Palace and Southampton.

Generally, we play better against the better teams.
Good job we didn’t struggle to beat a championship team 1-0 or the clowns on here would be in full fuckin moan fest

the result was all that mattered in the end ? but the BBC and its so called pundits are clueless
i swear i heard martin keown say ruben dias was a bit part player in this city squad ?????

How long did Steffen have the ball before Dean booked him? I swear it felt like 20 seconds. Even the Sky Sports Score Centre app has the ball going out for a goal kick and the yellow card happening, typed up and committed to the site within the same minute.

I found them ok outside the ground, met quite a few in Browns pub before and after and they were really friendly and nice to my kids. However inside the ground I thought they were rubbish, about 300 of them singing, and having the cheek to sing you’re support is fucking shit to us.

and then streaming out with 20 minutes to go

the irony was fantastic

Firstly,I would say our victory against Blackburn is without doubt the most convincing score line

And I think we have been in similar games Napoli home and away and a couple of German teams pressed and put us under tremendous pressure. Again they went a goal up and we were in disarray.

this game I thought was slightly different

Southampton pressed perfectly but only created a few chances.
we had moments only to give the ball away. Dare I say cheaply. Because their pressing was fantastic all over the pitch.

all that hard work takes it’s toll. And like all the other games mentioned. We finally come out triumphant.

It’s hard enough defending against Foden and Mahrez with fresh legs. Tired legs and with instructions on where the space was is impossible

southampton kept trying from the first to the last and in that sense the score was harsh.
But it’s a ninety minute game. Good luck trying to keep a City team subdued for that length of time.

I'm not sure we really tired them out yesterday, 2 unforced errors gave us the lead before a wonder goal killed their hopes but its a fair point that often gets ignored.

watched the game again this morning on lplayer.When it comes to city the bbc are truly horrendous,but they have really. gone over the top this time.Around the 70th minute sterlng went over on the edge of the penalty area, which was debateable but up on the sub titles but not said was reference to a chimpanzee I cant understand to what context this was made as it wasnt in the commentary,but it certainly in the mind of whoever was typing the sub titles.Am i seeing more to this than there really is.

I'm not sure we really tired them out yesterday, 2 unforced errors gave us the lead before a wonder goal killed their hopes but its a fair point that often gets ignored.
I agree that they still pressed but not with the intensity and co ordination later in the game. Hence we started to find the space

the penalty looked a tired attempt to close Jesus down. Unforced or forced. But we are trying to mentally and physically drain opponents.
I’m happy they didn’t get their noses in front and defend. That would have been nail biting.

edit
I would prefer teams to try and press. Although we will look on the ropes if done well. I think we will overcome and win the game.

Last edited:
How long did Steffen have the ball before Dean booked him? I swear it felt like 20 seconds. Even the Sky Sports Score Centre app has the ball going out for a goal kick and the yellow card happening, typed up and committed to the site within the same minute.
Just seen on iplayer. We had a free kick for offside and Steffen placed the ball at 70.02. He kicked the ball at 70.17 at which point Dean blew the whistle and booked him. Compare this with Forster who picked up a loose ball from a Gundo header on 10.32 and didn't release the ball until 10.50. Bear in mind that keepers can only hold it for six seconds

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.