Southampton (A) | Post Match Thread

Considering there was nearly 5000 fans in the away end, I thought it was quite flat tbh.
Maybe the sun in our eyes didn't help.

We didn’t play well mate and I’ve got a lot to worry about, the score line flattered us tbh
We started well, Southampton also started well n’all and then were the better team in the middle third of the game. It was an FA Cup ¼ final, they were at home, they’re a good side with a good manager and we play worse teams than then in the CL regularly. If they didn’t have a good go at it there’d be something wrong.

But they had such a good go at it that they couldn’t keep up that intensity they put into the first hour and then we were the better team in the final half hour and ran away with it as they tired.

We created enough chances to have made it 0-2 about three times after we’d already gone 0-1 up. Then when we took over the game we took two chances of the half dozen we created after the penalty had made it 1-2.

We started well, Southampton also started well n’all and then were the better team in the middle third of the game. It was an FA Cup ¼ final, they were at home, they’re a good side with a good manager and we play worse teams than then in the CL regularly. If they didn’t have a good go at it there’d be something wrong.

But they had such a good go at it that they couldn’t keep up that intensity they put into the first hour and then we were the better team in the final half hour and ran away with it as they tired.

We created enough chances to have made it 0-2 about three times after we’d already gone 0-1 up. Then when we took over the game we took two chances of the half dozen we created after the penalty had made it 1-2.
Absolutely correct.

A lot of people seem to overlook the fact that, even playing 'badly', City invariably overwhelm and exhaust virtually every opposition team.

Our only problem recently has been converting that pressure into goals. Foden and Mahrez solved that problem on Sunday.

Just seen on iplayer. We had a free kick for offside and Steffen placed the ball at 70.02. He kicked the ball at 70.17 at which point Dean blew the whistle and booked him. Compare this with Forster who picked up a loose ball from a Gundo header on 10.32 and didn't release the ball until 10.50. Bear in mind that keepers can only hold it for six seconds
What about Ward- Prowse running from one corner flag to the other for consecutive kicks. Is he the only one that can swing the ball in. What would the ref do if they were one up? With that scenario would the ref be constricted in his actions?

As an open happy clapper, lately almost about to be turned sorry flapper by bluemoaners.

In spite of a rotund 1-4 against the dippers' selling club, I might say that probably, maybe, perhaps, perchance in some of our best players there's happening some sort of own reconnaissance of their innate quality, and that mental process has somehow unconsciously forced them to errors, the type of badly weighted passes, fancy flicks, nutmegs and runs into blind alleys after taking three or four opposition players instead of doing the simpler thing as before.

Cancelo, Laporte, Gündogan, Rodri, KdB, even Bernardo and Foden, have been culprit of late of some play and decision making worth of the most abused Raheem. Grealish, on the contrary, seems to go the other way around, and has played better. Hope the break will help to sort it.

I did. Clearly read my post well before your foul mouthed response
Are you ok, I know you mentioned the dippers in your first reply that’s why I basically said “I’m not interested in the dippers” me being concerned about City disjointed passing and movement concerns me, it’s not something to get worked up about with a fellow blue.

There you go then, anyhow we can't play the same 11 for all the league CL and fa Cup games so everyone will need to contribute. If you consider the sides we have dropped points to there are no dead rubbers from here on in.
Not suggesting there are, and Pep has a core of 15-16 players from which he picks when fit. He has ALWAYS done this. It is keeping those players fit & rested that will be the key…

A few subs here and there doesn’t generally weaken the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.