Southampton (H) Post-Match Thread

We have to do it on our own next week.No better time to get a win at Anfield
Correct,go there and do the bastards over, no excuses just get into the vermin from the get go and show everyone how big our balls are.........( Insert own joke here )

Why was that wall not 10 yards after the back pass incident I was on a dodgy stream so commentary was rubbish

You have to say we got out of jail today as that was a half-arsed performance at best.

I made the mistake of posting a comment in the match day thread at HT saying the atmosphere was flat and got accused of not being at the game by someone who wasn’t at the game. That made me laugh at least :)
I thought it was a very exciting game. I thought if we equalised we'd go on to win it and we did

Is this just me thinking Foden really impacted the game in those minutes leading up to our winner? He was neat and tidy and he provided the pre-assist for the winner.

I think this match might mark the beginning of the end of Dave and the rise of Foden in the PL. The tricky part is to manage both of them in a way that doesn't disrupt the rythm of the team.

Pre-assist? Wtf?

Most of us are during the match.
You should hear it in the ground.
Ha ha. You are not kidding! The match day thread has nothing on some at the match when we are losing!
The crowd sounded great for the most part on the broadcast, but you are both right. In fact, I remember a gent behind me at *that* Southampton match in the 2017/18 season quite literally slagging Raheem off as he took the ball from Kev in stoppage time.

What a vital win that turned out to be. It didn't look like it was going to be our day but we stuck to our football.

Exactly, and for those saying we have not got a plan b, pep made at least 4 tactical changes during the second half , probably missed by many.

Lee Mason is one bent fucker. Allowed them to time waste from minute one and booked Ederson for one instance.

Allows their player to go off at the longest point and then tried to get Sergio off at the goal line and he rightly told him to fuck off. Only surprise was he didn't book him.

A corrupt cheat.
I agree that the game is bent and as such there will be some form of orchestration from the top. These things don't just organically happen independently.

So the question is who is organising the corruption, what is being said and to whom to implement it and why hasn't anyone had the foresight to capture this shit on a recording and out the bent fuckers?

The worrying thing about today was the fact that instead of missing a host of scorable chances as in most games we actually struggled to create any at all. Their keeper didn’t have a save to make in the first half unless I’ve wiped my memory of the game already.

The good news is that Liverpool are probably winging it as much as we are and there isn’t another team in the title race.

We weren't at it for much of that game. So many players out of sorts today (Bernardo, KDB, Aguero, David Silva, Sterling) but the key was getting Walker wide after he looked terrified to cross the half way line in the first half. We paid the penalty for a sluggish start and Ederson's rick gifting them the lead). Once we got the equalizer we at last seemed to get some momentum and get some energy into our play and Walker came up with the game winner. Definitely start Jesus next Sunday and Foden possibly too simply for the energy they give and ability to close down the opposition when we don't have the ball. We'll need to see a massive improvement on today to get anything at the Dippers next week. Credit to the team for coming back from behind but we didn't test McCarthy nearly enough for all the possession we had. Sterling and Bernardo had games to forget and I'm not convinced Angelino is up to the quality we need. Ref showed a total lack of control over the game today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.