Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Sorry but am I missing your point ?? Are you claiming that Ake was poor ?? If not then I apologise. If you are criticising him, then give your head a fucking good wobble as once again Ake had another great game.
As solid as he is, Oak, his ability to play out is poor, the balls Laporte pings in the holes or stones carrying out is integral to our style of play... Ake isn’t that level

Pep is a tactician, Klopp is more of momentum. Pep thinks he can fix things with the same players and with different tactics (and he is right most of the time). That's why he'll never sub HT. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Same with Klopp. Different philosophies have different strengths and weaknesses.
I have a different opinion. You see, it’s normal for premier league teams to make it as difficult as possible for us and even if we have the best starting eleven, that’s no guarantee that we’d be fine. If it’s just about allowing players remain while trusting in a tactical change to being about a change in fortunes, that’s not a problem in itself. Where I have a problem with Pep is that he can be so full of himself to his own detriment sometimes. Where there is an obvious sub to make sometimes he tends to be stubborn and refuse to do the obvious thing. Chelsea match springs to mind. If something’s clearly not working and you have the tools to rectify it, don’t overthink it, just change it. Half time is a good time to shake things up.

See the difference Foden and KDB made, it was a no brainer but there was no time for them to keep probing. In the Chelsea game we eventually brought in Fern when we were looking for a goal. He succumbed but it was to late.

Shaking things up when you need to rather than looking for solutions in another way is not being inovative. If he didn’t have the resources on the bench, that’s another matter. Having a sense of urgency to shake things up when they are clearly not working especially when the likely answer is right beside you, is not a feature of tactical ineptness.

Brilliant brilliant manager but I think he needs to avoid getting undone by his own cleverness.

Last edited:
BBC at it already with our "fortunate" draw against likkle Southampton who's team only cost one tenth of big bad Manchester City , in reality Southampton caught us on an off day , we got lucky when the referee dceided to use common sense and VAR , Southampton got lucky when Stelring's big toe was offside.
Nothing forutnate about the draw , just a fair result , BBC Salford must be like a rat's nest full of Cockernee Rags.

Do we?

Its a long and difficult season. Can't win every home game 5-0 and up against a difficult ipponent who has 2x the rest (not to mention 90% of their squad is coming off a 3 month break whereas ours played through it) sometimes you will drop points.

We move on to the next game. The senior payers will get a rest and some kids can stake a claim to help out.
We need shots on target.
And your general "point" taken pardon the pun ;-)

Its a fair point. It also helps us score when one of our midfielders doesn't look like he's running with concrete boots on and our "false 9" can, y'know, control the ball, and kick it to a teammate, that's all i meant, rather than solely blame our ability to pass out from the back.
Yes i agree. Gundo and fern were extremely poor and better to not get started on raheem.

hes 4th choice. You wont get much better to play as 4th choice. Christ we had garcia not long ago

absolutely correct he is 4th choice for a reason. fans expect our fourth choice cover to be as good a Ruben. He wouldn’t be here if that were the case.

he played well mid week and he did well enough today . Very good defensive cover for us.

Frustrating game, we were bloody awful and just so flat.
We'll still be there or thereabouts at the end of the season, i just hope that if we don't win it then i hope Chelsea do.

Can't get my head around Sterling going and putting that in. Foden was just about to tap it in the net, Sterling shouldn't have went near it...cost us in the end.

Think it’s going to have to be KDB, Gundo or Foden to the false 9.

Sterling as an option on the right but nowhere else

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.