Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

You don’t drop points at home to teams outside the top 4 for a title challenge, centre forward is desperately needed. Grealish made a few crosses where a proper striker puts it away. CDM is now a massive problem with Rodri injured, Fern has been amazing for us but it just seems it’s one season to many.

The club has handicapped Pep with not getting a forward in, Southampton perfectly knew how to stop the false 9 other teams will as well. It’ll be a long season.
1 game mate.

Thought first half was OK but credit to Soton they played well. Apart from that sitting down bollocks! Shitty rules allow it though.

Second half, just didn't get going, errors at the back but luckily didn't concede.

Think Pep knows who starts the big games and it won't be some on show today injuries permitting.

Good crowd and semi decent atmosphere so the journos will have to write a match report for once. They will be rubbing their hands with the fact we didn't win.

Not sure how much a striker would've helped today tbh. Our biggest issue was not being able to string 5 passes together without giving the ball away.

Credit to Southampton they played well, although bizarre how they had us on the ropes for a lot of the game but were happy to waste time from half an hour in.

Ah well, the title isn't decided in September, hopefully this fires us up for the tough week coming up

Last Season our opponents were weakened by injury, and managerial turmoil. Our players after a poor start decided to step it up.
Pep either by luck or judgement found that we had success with our fullbacks coming into midfield and a false 9. It was successful but was getting sussed out by the end of the Season.
We had weaknesses up front ,central midfield and left back ...we still do but our opponents have mainly overcome their problems.
Pep has thrown his advance severance notice into the mix -how will that motivate the squad, we saw how Pelligrini's tenure fizzled out.
All these factors make me dubious that we can afford to drop behind the pack as we did last season with no fans . Yes we could go on an amazing run but not wait till November to do it.

Utterly ignorant and ridiculous post. You reveal that you have no respect for anyone that has a different opinion to you. Bet you’ll call me a “Fucking Rag”?
Had a drink have you ?
Why would I call you a rag?
I have never ever called any one on here a rag
So it it is ignorant & ridiculous for me to say
We won.the League
We won the League Cup
We got to semi final of FA Cup
We got to final of Champions League
All with the same squad except for Grealish ermmm
What's wrong with them facts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.