Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Which is precisely what you would have said this time last year. All the way up to last Christmas, in fact.

Honestly.. last year was unique. Chelsea and Dippers.. won’t drop many points against teams outside the top 4 this sesson.

if we have a similar first half of the season this season.. we will struggle to make 4th imo.

COVID meant the season was very condensed and the teams with the deepest squads benefited. We blew everyone out of the water during the notoriously tough fixture period (late December - mid February) as we had a far deeper squad. Also we have the most technical players and complex approach to games… no fans and 5 subs basically turned the games into training games void of emotion.. it played into our hands and was a huge contributing factor to our post Christmas dominance.

Also Chuck in that Chelsea had Frank and no striker and Liverpool literally had no defence and we were always winning the title once our form clicked.

Freak season.. don’t expect a repeat.

I don't have the usual four thoughts for that match as I had to miss large chunks of it, but here's my one big take:

Well Fucking Done Nathan Ake for Keeping a Clean Sheet. No chance was that easy after what he's been through, and the last thing he would have needed was to be conceding more goals this week. Well done, Nathan, a strong clean sheet.

As solid as he is, Oak, his ability to play out is poor, the balls Laporte pings in the holes or stones carrying out is integral to our style of play... Ake isn’t that level
So tell me how he was responsible for a poor City performance when the team did NOT lose and he was NOT at fault for anything. Easy to blame some fucker who didn`t come from a top club and is constantly the butt of all our defensive problems. Has he lost a game when he`s started this season ??
Our worst players today came from the midfield (all over the park) NOT the defenders as much as you want to blame Ake for a faultless display.

Looked awful until De Bruyne and Foden came on. The former is injury prone and the latter has been relegated to a bench player. We'll see plenty more games like that this season.

BBC at it already with our "fortunate" draw against likkle Southampton who's team only cost one tenth of big bad Manchester City , in reality Southampton caught us on an off day , we got lucky when the referee dceided to use common sense and VAR , Southampton got lucky when Stelring's big toe was offside.
Nothing forutnate about the draw , just a fair result , BBC Salford must be like a rat's nest full of Cockernee Rags.
Spot on. BBC website thread - Sterling ‘clearly offside’. So that’s why VAR took a while to look at it. Full of red fanboy meedja Tarquins born in Sussex and Surrey in the late 70s early 80s

One of those days. Big bonus having Kev and Phil back though, can’t wait to seen Foden and Grealish together on that left hand side

I don't have the usual four thoughts for that match as I had to miss large chunks of it, but here's my one big take:

Well Fucking Done Nathan Ake for Keeping a Clean Sheet. No chance was that easy after what he's been through, and the last thing he would have needed was to be conceding more goals this week. Well done, Nathan, a strong clean sheet.
SPOT ON TPO. The lad could NOT be faulted for anything today ... unlike the fucking abysmal display from our midfield !!

I'm not going off the deep end but it concerns me that when we are making changes we are really only making like for like changes. If Torres is supposedly going to be the equivalent of a striker then surely we have to give him a run of games to grow into the role. In games like today why not give Delap the last 20 mins you never know what he can do until you try. I think we may have shot ourselves in the foot with our transfer window but who knows this game might give us the shock we need. Onto the next game its still a point gained.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.