Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Not sure yesterday was 'rich' . Caught in possession, poor passing is what I saw !!!
But you’re one of the handful of posters on here who have slagged him off from day one so forgive me for not taking any notice of what you have to say about him.

Saints had some class players yesterday, goalie s one for the future.
Quite impressed by a couple of their youngsters and I hope their signing policy works for them (and perhaps us). However, having read Southampton forums in recent weeks, I sense there is a growing desire to oust Hasenhüttl, especially with Brighton and Bournemouth riding higher, and if that does happen, then it may have a consequence for how those youngsters develop.

What was bad?
A little bit of inexperience, getting caught in possession at times. Louis in particular, but I wouldn’t be over critical. I thought they all fitted in and handled themselves well.
As I said earlier about Palmer. The guy looks class, but he made the wrong decision a couple of times, trying too hard to stand out. He could have supplied Haaland a couple of times but shot instead.

I thought Gomez kept it simple and did exactly what he was there for.

They all enhanced their chances of more appearances tbf. Very good performances.

Using the word ‘bad’ I suppose is being very picky.

Quite impressed by a couple of their youngsters and I hope their signing policy works for them (and perhaps us). However, having read Southampton forums in recent weeks, I sense there is a growing desire to oust Hasenhüttl, especially with Brighton and Bournemouth riding higher, and if that does happen, then it may have a consequence for how those youngsters develop.
Brighton have started well ,it may not last too long. The Cherries have fluked some results and I expect them to sink fast before xmas. The Saints should stick with their manager, he is quality. like Wolves and Palace they have a nice team but results will swing to and fro for them....keeping them mid table.

I watched the full match last night, after ( I know ) reading the matchday thread.

I was expecting to see marhez have a terrible game, the standard of a pub player.

I don't know what the matchday thread watch, I didn't think he was that bad. Took his goal well, his link up play was good and his first touch is ridiculous. Still looks abit rusty
Apart from his shooting he had a good game.

Brighton have started well ,it may not last too long. The Cherries have fluked some results and I expect them to sink fast before xmas. The Saints should stick with their manager, he is quality. like Wolves and Palace they have a nice team but results will swing to and fro for them....keeping them mid table.
Agree that they should keep him. Only 8 points cover Forest in 20th and that lot in 7th, so some teams are bound to move up and some teams are bound to move down, and fans need to keep their nerve. Southampton now face a tricky run up to the World Cup (West Ham[H], Bournemouth [A], Arsenal [H], Crystal Palace [A], Newcastle [H], Liverpool [A]), so they really could be doing with a couple of wins in the next two games.

Three horse race to include Chelsea and the north London two??what about us?
Sorry mate not clear...i think we willwin it..im never normally this bold..with three teams chasing us... one may get disheartened with a month to go unfortunately leaving a slight opportunity for utd or liverpool to sneak 4th or even 3rd

Was KDB a striker at first half? I'm pretty sure the formation was 4-4-2 at some points, KDB and Haaland were strikers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.