Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

I don't like the mass substitutions, it ruins the game. All the momentum is lost, and it makes the last twenty minutes a total waste of time. It reminds me of how farcical international friendlies became with six subs, when half the teams were changed at half time. The Nations League was introduced to prevent this, so maybe the PL need to have a rethink.

I don't like the mass substitutions, it ruins the game. All the momentum is lost, and it makes the last twenty minutes a total waste of time. It reminds me of how farcical international friendlies became with six subs, when half the teams were changed at half time. The Nations League was introduced to prevent this, so maybe the PL need to have a rethink.

Football is a challenge of playing 90 minutes, having the opportunity to change nearly half the team during a game is wrong.

Foden's goal was a perfect example. KDB had the ball and three players went with Haaland leaving Foden free on the left. This tactic might restrict the number of goals Haaland gets but it's sure going to leave loads of space for others.
That was the first example I had in mind, there were a couple more on the right, I think one was Mahrez goal and another was his first shot on target..

Felt a bit flat at times in the stadium, i think that was partially down to Southampton having very little desire to do anything. Although they pressed really high, it was more to just try and stop us building than to do anything for themselves.
There was a couple of moments for Haaland during the game that just showed how we have changed. One was him fucking man-handling their CB who was trying to block him off and also him constantly sprinting into space, not always for someone to find him because it spreads the opposition out. In the past, whichever number 9 we have had has always wanted it to feet but he is giving us options. Foden did something where he setup Haaland's first chance, he did one look up where he wasn't actually looking for Haaland per se but just to see if there was space behind the defence. He saw it and immediately without hesitation on the half-turn just whipped it in for Haaland to run onto. The more they figure each other out, the more the opposition must be getting worried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.