Southampton (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he needs to double down and play Kev and Sterling again. We need them both in form for the remainder of the season and the only way that's going to happen to is to keep them playing.

Try Raz on the right so he's more comfortable finishing. Bring Foden and Bernardo in for some extra legs. Maybe even start Aguero and see if he can get going too.

Ederson

Cancelo
Laporte
Dias
Zinchenko

KDB
Fernandinho
Silva

Sterling
Aguero
Foden

With Jesus, Mahrez and Gundogan on the bench if we need a goal or Walker, Stones and Rodri as options to sure things up.
Alternatively, players need to know there are consequences for repeated poor performances, whoever they may be, and that there are good, hungry alternatives waiting to take their spot on merit. Rewarding failure rarely ends well

Bring Laporte back in for Dias who, in my opinion, has shown signs of a drop in performance in the last 3 games & could do with a rest....(awaits abuse and insults for having the temerity to suggest the golden boy has not been as great since WHU)
Stick Raz on the subs bench and bring Silva back in, start Kun if he is fit to start ahead of Jesus.
Kev can have a rest as well.
Cancelo has been pretty meh as well in the last few league games so start Walker as well.
Zinny deserves to keep his place on the left.
After we lost to Utd in 17/18 at home I think we went to Spurs and won 3-1?
A similar win on Wednesday should settle the nerves....and show there is no chance of us bottling it.

Alternatively, players need to know there are consequences for repeated poor performances, whoever they may be, and that there are good, hungry alternatives waiting to take their spot on merit. Rewarding failure rarely ends well

Yeah, unfortunately coming away from a big game saying that Sterling let us down is quite a familiar feeling now. He wasn't the only one but he's the biggest repeat offender. I'm just not sure that dropping him is the answer.

Yeah, unfortunately coming away from a big game saying that Sterling let us down is quite a familiar feeling now. He wasn't the only one but he's the biggest repeat offender. I'm just not sure that dropping him is the answer.
If Foden, Bernardo or, in the past Sane turned in that level of performance yesterday there is no chance whatsoever they would be selected for the next game.

No KDB, he has been beyond poor for a couple of games and City have got away with it against both Wolves and West Ham but not yesterday. I would keep Sterling as even when he is playing poor he works so hard and always tracks back. Jesus unfortunately is just not up to it as a main striker, the chances he misses on a ongoing basis is ridiculous and must be very annoying for the rest of the team.

Bring Laporte back in for Dias who, in my opinion, has shown signs of a drop in performance in the last 3 games & could do with a rest....(awaits abuse and insults for having the temerity to suggest the golden boy has not been as great since WHU)
Stick Raz on the subs bench and bring Silva back in, start Kun if he is fit to start ahead of Jesus.
Kev can have a rest as well.
Cancelo has been pretty meh as well in the last few league games so start Walker as well.
Zinny deserves to keep his place on the left.
After we lost to Utd in 17/18 at home I think we went to Spurs and won 3-1?
A similar win on Wednesday should settle the nerves....and show there is no chance of us bottling it.
Dias form has dropped because he has no protection from the midfield.

*I have a radical idea *Sarc.

Why dont we revert back to what was working for us so well.

Before he started fucking about like a Mad scientist.

No idea why he does this shit.

This time it creeped in slowly with him. Stonesy and Dias had clean sheet after clean sheet, he couldn't resist fucking about, trying La Porte etc. Still we were winning to be fair, but we started conceding a goal every now and again, after not conceding.

The Ranieri in himJust starts sneaking in to games.

It is like when he has a full uninjured squad, he becomes like a Kid in a Toy Shop.

Our best runs have been when we have had injuries and been up against it.

Phil,Bernado,and Gundogan had stepped up to the Plate this time.All 3 were in good form.

Gundogan was my player of the season, he was that good in the advanced role.

Pep just had to fuck about didn't he.

Now we are back to the best performers in our 21 game run sat on the Bench. Whilst those not pulling their weight get a free pass game after game..

A Penny for Phil and Bernado thoughts yesterday as KDB was running around blowing out of his arse after 5 minutes losing the Ball, waving his Hands in the air and remonstrating at team mates.

I dont even think he deserves a place on the Bench he has become such a liability.

If he must play then i agree with others it should be a False 9,where his trotting around losing the Ball wont hurt us as much. Luke Shaw left him for dead yesterday. Think about that.

Stop with all this NO KdB nonsense ... he must play, he must showcase why he IS the best midfielder in the world ... no one will be surprised if he scores a hat-trick of assists and adds a goal or two as well on Wednesday and yesterday was simply a matter of him having a little headache.

PS. This has nothing to do with the fact that he is my FPL captain for this double gameweek ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.