Southampton (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What stop doing the exact thing that got us 21 wins on the trot?
That is not accurate. The last 3 matches has seen us revert to last season and early this season form. We have been poor and could easily have dropped points in all 3. So yes stop changing a winning formula unless injuries permit. We had no control over that game yesterday. It was coming not due to tiredness or fatigue or the opposition for that matter. It has been coming because pep chose certain individuals over the team. He hung rodders and Gundo out to dry and Kev to a certain extent.

Pep evolved the team due to having no Sergio and no Kev and as a collective unit with the correct personal we looked unbeatable and in total control. Now we look slow and fragile to counter. I know which team I prefer and it was not the one on show Yesterday. Get the grafters back in the side and either use Kev as a 9 or impact from the bench.

Pep has over complicated a winning system due to a fit squad. He needs to put the team first and not the individual no matter how good that player is or has been.

basically, if it’s not broken leave it alone.

Watched the second half of their Sheffield game on Saturday apart from a fantastic strike, shades of an Andy Townsend finish (shudder) they broke quickly but couldn't hit a barn door.

That is not accurate. The last 3 matches has seen us revert to last season and early this season form. We have been poor and could easily have dropped points in all 3. So yes stop changing a winning formula unless injuries permit. We had no control over that game yesterday. It was coming not due to tiredness or fatigue or the opposition for that matter. It has been coming because pep chose certain individuals over the team. He hung rodders and Gundo out to dry and Kev to a certain extent.

Pep evolved the team due to having no Sergio and no Kev and as a collective unit with the correct personal we looked unbeatable and in total control. Now we look slow and fragile to counter. I know which team I prefer and it was not the one on show Yesterday. Get the grafters back in the side and either use Kev as a 9 or impact from the bench.

Pep has over complicated a winning system due to a fit squad. He needs to put the team first and not the individual no matter how good that player is or has been.

basically, if it’s not broken leave it alone.
“If it’s not broken leave it alone” is why Liverpool’s squad has broken down and they are now 7th or whatever it is. Rotation has been at the core of all our recent success. It’s our competitive advantage as we have the depth to do it.

“If it’s not broken leave it alone” is why Liverpool’s squad has broken down and they are now 7th or whatever it is. Rotation has been at the core of all our recent success. It’s our competitive advantage as we have the depth to do it.
That is like comparing apples to oranges. Yes we have a fantastic squad compared to the dippers but Klopp has run them into the ground over 3 years whereas we have not.The issue is why change a winning system if all players are available and fit? Rotate once the league is done which should have been yesterday. Big games we need a team effort to succeed not individual talent. Pep found the answer that led to the 21 run but then bizarrely decided to ignore the lessons learned especially against teams who counter.

2 questions: in your opinion did we control the counter against united? Did we look weak when players in midfield lost the ball due to bad passing? We have found the solution to these problems but did not implement it in the derby.

I was thinking all along that Aguero should be brought back slowly and eased in for a few minutes at the end of a match.
I've changed my mind and reckon he should start against Southampton
The missed chances are killing us.
That "header" by Sterling and the amount of missed tap ins needs to be remedied.

A very solid performance needed to get back on track anything else could make life very difficult for the team over the next few weeks. I can see pep picking the same team to make it right. He won’t drop Kev or Raz. I would like foden & Bernie but don’t see it.

not going to be as easy as we think this

Ederson; Walker Dias Laporte Ake; Fernandinho Gundo Bernardo; Foden Aguero Torres
I like yer thinking, could be a winning combo. Stones or Laporte will be the stickler here but offensively I think that would be more aggressive, faster in the build up with some slick movement. I wonder if Pep reads these prior to his match selection and chooses the option not listed!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.